All reviews no elevator small hotel your luggage train station lovely little hotel short walk centre of town air conditioning stayed for one night no frills en route garage cathedral parking france journey
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Ok, let me start by saying that this place ain’t bad. There’s nothing awful to report. It’s clean. Staff are friendly etc.
There are, however, a few niggles.
I think other reviewers have touched on the lack of parking, even though you’re told it’s available. Be prepared to walk a few streets.
The rooms are small, but perfectly acceptable. There are no frills of course, wouldn’t expect any. It’s pretty cheaply run, and it shows.
I think the weird ‘no eating’ in the rooms is just strange! I’ve read the other reviews, and responses from management. Their apparent reason is lack of cleaning staff??? Not sure.
But come on now! It’s basic. Most hotels I stay in offer room service. Eating in rooms is just what people do!
Personal opinion, you need to remove that sign! It’s unwelcoming

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2018

I stayed in Hotel Azur for a couple of days and was absolutely delighted by this place. It is both stylish and homey, and I particularly enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. The staff is welcoming and knows the city well. My stay here enabled me to discover Reims with ease, I am definitely coming back! Special thanks to friendly manager Christelle, who helped me practice my French (:

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
CHRISTELLE a, Gérant at Hotel Azur, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hello Noemie

Many thanks for your message

from our team

kind regards

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a typical family run French hotel. Nothing special. I specifically asked for a place in their parking as I have a soft top car. When I arrived was told a colleague had overlooked my request so there was no space in their car park. This was very annoying as I then had to navigate to a public underground car park. After an 8 hour journey this not good.....won’t be coming back or recommending.

Room small. Stairs unlit. No atmosphere.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night on the way south, after a day visiting sites on the Somme. Perfect for an overnight stop and pleasant to wander round Reims for the evening. Nice comfy room with everything we needed. Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast disappointing for the fee of 9€ so I’d recommend finding a local cafe instead (fruit, natural yoghurt, mini rolls and mini pastries, juice, cereal, soft cheese and watery coffee).

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

We had read some nice reviews of The Azur before booking and were not disappointed. The weather was unusually hot, but the hotel’s systems coped well, allowing us to enjoy it to the full. The management and staff are delightful here, in stark contrast to the execrable Cecyl, (which I have reviewed) and offer useful suggestions on local restaurants etc. The room was stylish and overlooked the courtyard, where a healthy breakfast is served. Once set up with that, most of what is desired in Reims is within a short walk. In short, we shall return.

Date of stay: May 2017