Beautiful position overlooking Epernay, delightful and helpful staff, lovely surroundings and superb rooms.
Very expensive food, one cannot escape that. Expensive wines and champagnes and nowhere really to sit in the hotel other than a small lounge or in your room, which can be a bit of a trek in bad weather to the main building. A small bar would be a great improvement.
The food was good but not exceptional and there are many much more reasonable restaurants in the area.
Was it worth the expense for a three night stay? Undoubtedly it was, mainly because of the most charming staff, beautiful surroundings and five star comfort.
I do wish however, that French hotels would serve decent coffee at breakfast. It is always a disappointment, and this was no exception
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Land of Champagne and of the king of France has given its name to our Hotel, a historical and authentic house, surrounded by some of the most prestigious French vineyards. Your stay among us will be full of a thousand and one daily delights:champagne tasting, dinner in our gastronomic restaurant, visits to local champagne cellars, excursions to Reims and Epernay... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Royal Champagne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Champagne Hotel Epernay
- Royal Champagne Épernay
- Royal Champagne Hotel Épernay
- Royal Champagne Epernay, France - Champagne-Ardenne