“Decent French food, nothing exceptional.”
Review of Bistrot le 7

Bistrot le 7
Ranked #27 of 82 Restaurants in Epernay
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We ate here on our first night in Epernay as it was recommended by our hotel. The food was decent if unmemorable and the wine good enough. The service was fine, but no more. At a loss a few days later for where to go for lunch we decided to return, and again all ok, no problems, but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great food, service and good location. Steak was really good and my husband had the veal. Good selection of wine. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I visited for two lunches with Epernay champagne makers, who obviously value this bistro for less expensive meals (than the more formal Les Berceaux next door, as well as other, grander local places). It is pleasantly busy, with an interesting mixture of locals and champenois, but not so crowded or noisy for conversation to be difficult. The room is bright and fresh, and it is conveniently only a few blocks walk for anybody visiting and tasting at champagne houses along the Avenue de Champagne. The menu offers uncomplicated, fresh dishes such as rabbit terrine and steak tartare, with a good range of salads, and the staff were very helpful in recommending or adjusting dishes to meet my wife's dairy and gluten dietary issues. I weakened once and had my favourite desert of oeufs a la neige, which were very good. Naturally the wine list has an extensive range of non-vintage champagnes, with both well known and grower labels, and some good choices in vintage and deluxe champagnes, at prices which were not cheap, but acceptable for an upmarket bistro. Service was competent and timely, without any real personal connection, but then Le 7 is a casual bistro rather than a deluxe restaurant. Sadly there are not many other options at the pleasant middle dining level in Epernay. I would happily have lunch here, but do not expect a grand evening meal, there are many interesting (and much more expensive) restaurants for a special dinner in Champagne.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

A solid experience...not off the charts, but solid. The wine selection was great and the food was very good....I think I may have had higher expectations, given the recommendation....I would definitely go again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

There is a paucity of decent restaurants in Epernay and this one was recommended by the Villa Eugene. The restaurant is actually in an hotel in central Epernay and the staff were excellent. We really enjoyed our dinner but found it comparatively expensive.

1  Thank Silverhighway