If you're familiar with the reliable Ibis chain, nothing about this hotel will come as too much of a surprise. They offer basic but good value, clean accommodation for those on a budget, and this hotel very much fits the standard.
If you want luxury, you'll need to look elsewhere, but if you want a hotel slap bang in the centre of Epernay and not to blow too much of your holiday budget on accommodation so that you have plenty left over to buy some of the excellent Champagne that Epernay has to offer, then this hotel will probably suit you nicely.
As long as you're not expecting all the comforts of 4* hotels such as in-room safes, spacious rooms, or luxury toiletries in the bathroom, then there is nothing wrong with this hotel at all. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nothing special, but it was clean and everything worked. There was a TV in the room, and also free wifi access which I found perfectly reliable.
Reception staff were pleasant and helpful.
Breakfast had a reasonable selection of cold food, but very little hot food. Coffee came from just one coffee machine, for which a queue frequently developed.
If you arrive by car, then the hotel has no dedicated parking, but it is right next door to a public underground car park. If you ask at reception, you will find details how how to buy a multi-day pass for the car park, which is quite reasonably priced and certainly cheaper than the standard public charges (we paid about 16 euros for 3 days parking, which in my experience is pretty cheap for city centre parking). There is no lift from the car park to the hotel, so when you arrive you'll probably want to park temporarily just outside the hotel (not sure if this is legal, but unlikely to be a problem if you're just there for a few minutes while you unload) to unload your luggage and then go and find the car park.
The hotel has a perfectly adequate bar, which also serves a fairly basic selection of food. You'll probably want to go out for dinner, but that's no problem, as there as plenty of places to eat within walking distance (except on Sunday lunchtime, when most places are shut, and you'll need to be persistent to find somewhere open).
Overall, if you're looking for somewhere in central Epernay and don't want to spend too much on accommodation, then I'd highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Champagne vineyards, the Ibis Epernay hotel is ideally located , 800 meters from the Epernay station, 30 km from the TGV Champagne -Ardennes and Reims. The hotel has 65 rooms all equipped with free WIFI , a bar serving snacks and refreshments 24 / 24 . You will find a public parking (free from 7.00 p.m to 9.00 a.m.) and an underground parking (1st hour free)near of the hotel. Epernay is the capital of Champagne and is at the crossroads of the great champagne houses making the reputation of this place (Mercier, Moet & Chandon, Perrier -Jouet and Janisson - Baradon ) . Vary the pleasures , discovering the walking tours or wine courses and cooking (information at the tourist office). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Ibis Epernay Centre Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Hotel Épernay
- Accor Epernay Centre Ville
- Hotel Ibis Epernay Centre Ville France - Champagne-Ardenne