This was my first time staying at an IBIS ever. I had heard of the hotel chain but have always booked boutique hotels when abroad. Initially I was booked at Hotel Jean Moet but just didn't want to pay that much. I was having a difficult time between IBIS and Premier Classe. Both hotels have received excellent reviews. For me, it came down to location. I really wanted to be in a more central area of Epernay and Premier Classe seemed like it was on the outskirts of town. If I wasn't traveling solo and if I had a car, I might have considered it. I was also just burned staying at a bad hostel so I really didn't want to have another potentially bad experience just to save a few euros.
The IBIS epernay is in a good location, part of a courtyard of shops and cafes. It's also close to a supermarket, a park/fountain. It's a quick 5-10 min walk to the Ave du Champagne. You CAN'T get lost in Epernay. The hotel had free wifi (have to change out the passwords if you on on the internet a lot). There's NO air condition which wasn't an issue for me in May. The high was 70 degrees Celcius so it wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze. The rooms were pretty cool at night. I'm not sure I would stay in a hotel without AC in the summer however so something to keep in mind if you're sensitive to heat. The hotel was pretty quiet. My last night I was awakened by the sound of someone knocking on a door at 4am. I'm a very light sleeper and the person wasn't knocking very loudly at all. There was a little commotion after that then silence again.
The rooms were clean. There was no slip guard in the shower and it was quite high and deep to climb into so that's something they should look into. The hotel provided this body wash/shampoo which was a nice change from the usual bars of soap. I would strongly consider the IBIS for any future stays in Europe if the price continues to be right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Champagne vineyards, the Ibis Epernay hotel is ideally located , 800 meters from the Epernay station, 30 km from the TGV Champagne -Ardennes and Reims. The hotel has 65 rooms all equipped with free WIFI , a bar serving snacks and refreshments 24 / 24 . You will find a public parking (free from 7.00 p.m to 9.00 a.m.) and an underground parking (1st hour free)near of the hotel. Epernay is the capital of Champagne and is at the crossroads of the great champagne houses making the reputation of this place (Mercier, Moet & Chandon, Perrier -Jouet and Janisson - Baradon ) . Vary the pleasures , discovering the walking tours or wine courses and cooking (information at the tourist office). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Ibis Epernay Centre Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Hotel Épernay
- Accor Epernay Centre Ville
- Hotel Ibis Epernay Centre Ville France - Champagne-Ardenne