“Delicious food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

A great meal in an elegant setting, just walking distance from where we stayed and the major champagne house.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stopped in at the Banque around 6pm, a little too early for dinner so we sat at the bar and sampled champagne with the help of the wonderful gentleman (and unfortunately I can't remember his name). He tolerated our tourist French graciously and spent a lot of time with us deciding on which champagnes to taste. After about an hour and a half at the bar we moved to a table for dinner and had an excellent meal and one more glass of champagne. A wonderful experience!

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I have never had to leave a restaurant prior to being served but this was what happened at this place.
When myself and my fiancee walked in we were not greeted in any way whatsoever. In fact the maitre d' clearly saw us and turned his back and walked off. We had to go to the bar to find a member of staff to seaters. She was rude and dismissive. Eventually we were led to a table.
We were there for approximately five minutes before we were given a menu and 15 minutes before we eventually left as nobody had asked us for even a drinks order.
I should make very clear that the restaurant was less than half full and did seem to have adequate numbers of staff.
The menu pricing was entirely bizarre with starters around 17 to 20 euro and main courses around €22-€25.
We ended up leaving and going to a smaller and entirely nice establishment with friendly staff
I would seriously council you against going to this rude and poor restaurant

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a must visit while in Epernay. The food was fantastic and the service exceptional! You can get all the authentic french foods. We had the chicken and my husband has the steak. And the desserts are out of this world. And you can take a bottle of wine or champagne to take back to your hotel room.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Watch out!!! Read the negative reviews carefully, they are spot on. As to the positive reviews, who knows... maybe they were on a honeymoon or are used to MacDs.

Our waiter was downright unfriendly, and not in that classic "Parisien waiter indifference" way. The food was pricey and at best average. I am pretty sure it is among the 60+% of French restaurants that server frozen, prepared, dishes. My risotto lacked any subtlety of flavor and tasted as though the stock had been over-reduced. My wife's fish was quite overcooked, and this a country where virtually every chef has been to culinary school and, even if they have no taste whatsoever, they know how to properly cook a piece of fish.

Do yourself a favor and find a less pretentious restaurant where they actually (know how to) cook your food instead of re-heating it in the microwave.

2  Thank Richard P