“Loved it”

La Villa Saint Pierre
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Epernay
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Thanks Pierre
We had such a pleasant stay, great value, awesome breakfast, nice clean rooms!
Such a lovely surprise to have 3 cute puppy dogs to make a fuss of.
Great location. Epernay is central to good champagne.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
lavillasaintpierre, Propriétaire at La Villa Saint Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello and thank you, Bernadette and I are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. For breakfast I thank you, all our products come from small craftsmen in love with their work as we do and we enjoy our customers. Hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for La Villa Saint Pierre

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a difficult review as the hotel had many lovely features, The location is excellent on a quiet street(with a good vet for treating your pet prior to return crossing). The hotel itself has a quirky charm and has 'shabby chic' decor. The room we had was in the attic was quite cute but unfortunately the bed sagged and was somewhat uncomfortable, compounded by the fact that the bed was made up with blankets and no quilt which did not keep us warm enough. The worst point however was the toilet. It was squeezed into the corner of the room with a only a very flimsy shower curtain between the person using it and the room. It made a hell of a noise flushing (and didnt flush well!)as did next doors one, which we could hear clearly.It meant we had to take it in turns to go for a walk whenever the other person wanted to use it. However nice this hotel was, the TOILET means i would not stay in the attic rooms again.
The rooms on the first floor appear to have reasonable ensuite facilities so would be a possibility (except for the blanket situation).

Lots of good points though
Breakfast room was cheerful and attractive. The breakfast was really very good (and cheap 7 euros)with a lovely selection of cheeses, charcuterie and bread/croissanty things. On Sunday we were given home made sweet crepes plus the usual stuff. The Staff/ owners were very nice and the dogs were absolutely adorable, like little ewoks.
On balance we had an enjoyable stay. My husband said 'you aren't going to write a bad review are you?' but I honestly would not have stayed there if I had any idea how awful the toilet stuff was, just cant get past that I'm afraid. And if you go - take your duvet, blankets were ghastly.

Room Tip: dont stay in the attic, its cold and the toilet facilities are a bad joke.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write this comment. Avesz you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am delighted. However, there are things I do not understand: You speak of blankets or quilts, but the there are thermostatic radiator thermostats so you can set yourself the desired temperature and what is the additional coverage. Regarding the toilet, I think you have chosen a room "so-called economic" and that it was a problem to go to the bathroom. Rest assured these so-called "economic" rooms are called to disappear for comfort. We will remove a room to create two large en suite bathroom with separate shower and washbasin. But of course, there will be an impact on the price (32 € in low season and € 42 in high season), although many customers are be catered for the value for money. On this occasion, I invite all readers of this post to give me their opinion. Do not modify or rooms and for or against a rate increase. What I have learned above all and I am delighted that you had a good time with us and that is the most important. I would be delighted to welcome you again, but remember to book a room in a higher category to avoid what bothers you personally. Prices range from 50 € to 63 € which is not too say the excessive.
Regards

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hosts at La Villa Saint Pierre were very welcoming and kind. The english speaking was acceptable and we were able to communicate clearly. The home is beautiful and very easy and quick to find, with easy access to free street parking. It is close enough to the center of town and Champagne Avenue to be a five to ten minute walk to anything, but far enough out of the center to be very quiet and easy to drive in and out of. Breakfast was an additional fee even though it is a "bed and breakfast", but I have found that is the story everywhere in France. The overall value is very good, especially in comparison to a bed and breakfast in the U.S. It is not luxurious, but the home is nice and the rooms are average European size, very clean and comfortable for a low price. You could clearly hear people coming in the house and up to their rooms, but once in their rooms, sound was not an issue.

The only issue we had was the availability of supplies. We did not want a large meal our first night, so we went to the market down the road and purchased some meat, cheese, baguette and wine for dinner. When we got back to the hotel at 2030, the hosts were nowhere to be found and we were without eating utensils, glasses for drinking the wine, a corkscrew, or anything to eat on. We were able to make it work between a pocket knife I had and a corkscrew we found in our rental car and the plastic water cups in the room, but it would have been nice to have things of that nature available. This is not a situation unique to La Villa Saint Pierre, but a hurdle at any establishment manned limited hours.

Epernay and La Villa Saint Pierre is the ideal location to base for trips to go visit the many villages of Champagne. Visit Moet & Chandon on Champagne Ave. It was an expensive tour, but well worth it to see a house of such prestige and history and the most impressive of all the wine cellars I have visited in France.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your comment and I praise the opportunity to tell you that we classified hotel and not "bed and breakfast" even if the atmosphere is similar. I'm sorry about the fact that you have not found us when you brought your groceries, we certainly were having dinner in our apartment and we do not show you have not heard yet at this time the reception is still open and ringing enough to join us, maybe you did not dare but the doorbell and there for it. You could see that we provide catering and beverage and as such, it is recommended that you eat and drink your drinks in your room only. I still have this issue, why not have asked me that when you saw me, it is with pleasure that I have provided the necessary equipment to restore you to your room. Next time do not hesitate, ask me.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are charming although in need of a bit of repair as the wallpaper was peeling in our room and the curtain only just covered the dormer type window. The mattress on the bed was soft and sagged in the middle which made for cosy nights :) The toilet was separate to the bathroom and right next to the bed and when you flushed the loo it sounded like something from a horror movie :))))) The bathroom had a sink and bath/shower and there was always lots of hot water. Our room was spotlessly clean as was the toilet and bathroom - it was at the top of 3 flights of stairs and Pierre helped with luggage when we arrived. Breakfast consisted of crepes and a selection of breads and jam as well as cheese if you wanted it. The hotel was a 5 minute walk from Epernay and the many champagne houses and restaurants nearby and about 10 minutes walk from the station. The dogs were just gorgeous and very friendly - we had a welcome party from them every time we got back from somewhere!! I was quite unwell with a bad cold and cough while we were staying there and Pierre was very helpful providing cough medicine, paracetamol and a doctor should I need it. It would have been nice to have a kettle and cups to make tea particularly as I was feeling so unwell and if there was no water in the kettle available in the dining room and no-one to ask for hot water you had to do without. It was a pleasant place to stay as it was cosy and warm and very central to everything.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. For only 32 euros a day, we were expecting a very simple B&B. Instead, we found a super charming old house (my wife loved the kitsch decor) and adorable owners. Pierre was fun and helpful and his english was quite good. The breakfast was delicious. The room had wi-fi and TV. As a plus, Bernadette's three dogs were very funny. In summary, I strongly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013

Hello and thank you, I will be very brief, but I have to say thank you you are adorable.
See you soon

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Fantastic hosts in a quaint traditional hotel. Our room was clean and tidy but the decor and fixtures & fittings were a little tired. This, however, should not be considered a negative these slight shortcomings are reflected in the price. The basics were great, hot water was plentiful for bathing, the traditional home cooking was extremely good.
The owners are on a quest to improve the star rating in the coming months. They have already increased from 1 to 2 star in a short period of time.
If you want a luxurious hotel that costs a fortune then this is not for you.
If you want a fantastic, family run, traditional, genuinely friendly temporary "home" then I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want. If they have it you will get it....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hello, you're nice. Some rooms have not yet been refreshed it is true. However, we are working a lot. It will soon be two years since we took over this establishment, During this short period, we have renovated the garden rooms breakfasts, reception, first floor equipment including wi-fi and television, we improved the comfort to get a second star under the new hotel classification. We start the renovation of the second floor and we will prepare a suite at the "Villa saint pierre", will then renovate rooms called economic disappear in favor of comfort rooms. Unless our customers appear to keep this room very affordable in terms of price but we rénoverons still keeping sharp prices. I expect feedback from readers of tripadvisor comments.
In any case, I thank you and you are doing advance is essential.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A warm welcome from the friendly owner,
Three little paillions who loves kids,
The best information and advice at just the right time,
Great breakfast, peace and quiet,
The rooms might not have been the latest fashion but definitely tidy and clean,
Felt like being a private guest in a french home,
The kids were welcome and allowed to play with the dogs,
Very central, only a 10 minute walk from Aveny de Champagne,
We will definitely go back to this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family