“really good value”

La Villa Saint Pierre
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Epernay
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Buzzing traditional French guesthouse. Excellent location for walking to central Epernay including Moet & Chandon cellars. We stayed in the pink room - spotlessly clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast included croissants, choc au pain, lots of special fresh bread and jams, fresh apple puree & fromage frais. Pierre very helpful. really good value. Safe parking in street.

Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Bernadette and i thanks you for your comments, we are happy you are satisfy, and i hope to see you anther time
Great Thanks

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a very last minute booking at La Villa Saint Pierre with complications in our arrival due to car mechanical failure. Pierre was welcoming, helpful and gracious. He called the local restaurant and made it possible for us to be served at a late hour and to serve our friends with the car problems who would be arriving at least an hour later. Pierre couldn't have been more helpful in an very stressful situation. He provided the option of taking his personal parking spot to secure the car which couldn't be locked and did everything possible to ease the situation.
The price was right for this simple, pleasing hotel. Breakfast was nicely served in well decorated, airy parlour and Pierre continued with his generous hosting and welcoming manor. We will definitely be returning to La Villa St. Pierre and wish the new owners well in their renovations and future business.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated room, clean, airy and roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
lavillasaintpierre, Propriétaire at La Villa Saint Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Hello, thank you for your comments, what of more normal, my husband and I always let us try to put ourselves in the place of our customers whatever are the happy or unfortunate situations and so it is easier to act in consequences. Be that as it may it is with big pleasure that we shall receive you with I hope for it for you no mechanical concerns, your cars are very beautiful.
Bernadette

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel was renovated twelve months ago. It was clean, close to all facilities that Epernay has to offer and the owner and staff were friendly and courteous and not over the top. Breakfast was continental. Our bathroom was a bit small but the bed was just like home. If you don't mind a bit of traffic noise, which diminishes as the sun goes down, this hotel is my pick. We will def stay here when we return to France.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms to the rear of Rue Jean d'Arc
1  Thank Ken D
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Hello, I am satisfied that you crossed(spent) a good moment to us and I hope to see again(to revise) you soon. I have to make a precision on your laudatory comment but all the rooms(chambers) were not renewed, but we become attached to it. I have to say to you also that the former(ancient) rooms(chambers) are nevertheless very clean and have all the necessary comfort. Thank you still and I hope goodbye.
Bernadette

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My stay at this homelike hotel ended up with very positive impressions. It has great location, the owners and employees were very polite and always at my service to make mine and my friend's stay more comfortable. The only flaw was the the bathroom in the room that I stayed. Even though it was the cheapest one, I think it can have better solution for the bathroom instead of the curtain placed that actually reduces the privacy. I would recommend to reduce the place for the closet and put a door on the bathroom. Besides this, everything was perfect. The room had all that one may need curing a vacation, it was clean and a warm homelike atmosphere was added by the furniture. It's even more than the valued of money. If I am to visit Epernay, I would definitely stay at this hotel, and surely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Hello, I thank you for your compliments, as you him pointed out, certain rooms were not renewed yet, we took back this hotel one year ago now and we try hard to make the maximum, several rooms were renewed, it does not stay in us more than has to finish the others. It will be certainly the case if you return and you will can appreciate the difference. Thank you still

Reviewed June 23, 2012

When I first spotted the hotel I feared I must have misheard the quote - it seemed too pretty for the price!! My room was lovely, breakfast was delicious, but most of all Pierre and Bernadette were such wonderful, helpful, charming hosts - and I had heard the price correctly! This is a fantastic place to base yourself while in Eperney

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MjGSydney
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We were in a twin room (number 12) I think. It was €41 (exc breakfast). Pretty cheap for the area! The building is typically French. Room was clean but in need of a bit of work. The toilet and shower were in the room with a curtain to separate them. This lead to a few fruity experiences!!! overall, I'd recommend it if you're travelling with a good friend and need somewhere cheap, cheerful, friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jpargeter
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Thank-you Pierre and your 2 little shitzu's for making us feel at home. We were very pleased with recommendation of several restaurants within walking distance. Our room was adequate and very clean, good value. Free wifi. Adequate breakfast, even some extra cakes for us to try. Thank you for allowing us to leave our bags in our room after checkout to go exploring Epernay further. Free parking in the street. Quiet location however walking distance to multiple restaurants, champagne ave, shops etc. Would stay again.

Room Tip: we had the pink room 7, looked out to the main street and front garden. 1 flight of stairs.