“very simple: DO NOT MISS !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'etable

L'etable
Ranked #97 of 584 Restaurants in Tours
Cuisines: French
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“very simple: DO NOT MISS !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

First impression – they had a menu in English, which is not trivial. In any case, it is good that the waiter can give more info about the dishes, and I figured out the waiters do not have such a good English. To my surprise, the waiters were so kind and helpful, and tried really hard to close the gap and explained almost each and every item, so we have ended with terrific appetizer and two great dishes.
The atmosphere was good to me – not too noisy, not too dark, yet romantic and “French”. As I said, the service was good and quick, and the food – oh, the food. For starter we took the “salad de la bergerie” (goat cheese and roast cheese), and two main dishes. The first one was the roast potatoes, smoked duck, garlic and goat’s cheese, and the second one was terrific entrecote steak in a Roquefort sauce – that was delicious! Do not miss this dish!
Must note I asked to thank the chef for this great food, and even though being extremely busy, he found the slot to come out for appreciation.

Kirkland, Washington
“Ok food but horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant was on a street with several other restaurants that was recommended by our hotel. There was indeed much better selection on this street than simply going to the old Tours square and dining but this is not someplace to try.

After looking at many menus along the way and striking out getting a table at two other restaurants we came upon this place. The menu looked decent enough and the décor is a farm theme throughout. We were seated promptly but then left for 10 minutes. I was at the point of leaving when someone finally took our order.

It took a while for us to get our starters and entrees. The food was actually quite good. We again waited another 20 mins for our food to get cleared. In the meantime, a host of tables had left and they were seating people at dirty tables. They looked like they were short handed given the level of disarray. I finally called over the woman who appeared to be running the place, cancelled our desserts, paid and left.

She was embarrassed and apologized for the poor service. Another couple beside us was also very upset at the level of service they were not getting.

Overall, this place seems to have a good kitchen but the front end lack of service kills the experience. Our bill including wine but not dessert as 62 Euros. Pass this one by.

“Couldn't get service!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

After a nice stroll past this restaurant I was really excited to try the food as it looked quite good on the other tables.

I asked for a table outside and was told to sit anywhere.

This is where my night ended...

After 50 MINUTES and asking two separate waiters for service I was unable to even get a glass of water.

I simply walked away unnoticed by the staff. This was despite the waiters clearing two tables next to me.

I have never had to wait this long for service. Waiting this long in hospitality is unacceptable!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

this was a reasonably priced restaurant, obviously popular with the locals and, being placed a little bit away from the main area tourists tend to go, didn't have inflated prices. I had a delicious 'Laiterie' salad which included baked camembert in honey- yum! My husband had salmon salad and it was very nice but the salmon wasn't the best quality. I would definitely eat there again.

Visited July 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a very good meal here, both having the pork which was beautifully cooked in pastry. It was accompanied by separate dishes of vegetables, sautéed potatoes and gravy. We were the first n or the evening meal but by the time we left, it was full.

• Visited May 2013