“Just the right spot”

Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Tours
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Just the right spot”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Only had two nights in Tours. The hotel was affordable, clean and quiet. We made the booking online in South Arica and had no hassles when we arrived. Everyone was very helpful and friendly - also very knowledgable on where attractions were. We were given a handy marked up map that made moving around easy. Most attractions in Tours town were within easy walking distance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaco V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carroll Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Spent 4 nights at this hotel while attending a conference at the Vinci Conference Center. Tours is very walkable, and this hotel is within a short distance to the conference center, train station, and the Place Plumeraeu district. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and I found the rate to be very reasonable. The complimentary wifi was very helpful in keeping in touch with people back home. The room was cozy, but sufficient for my stay. The décor was a bit outdated, and the bed was very stiff. I typically prefer a firmer mattress, but this one was uncomfortable and my back became sore after a couple days. Overall, I had a good stay and would stay again, but also wouldn't rule out looking at other options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank grvdggr71
Ontario
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at this 2 star hotel for one night. I booked a Superior Triple room 92 euros on Booking. The room quite large, and faced the street which was fine because we did not here any noise. There was one double bed and one single. The beds where a little hard. The bathroom was a good size and we had lots of towels and it was very clean.

I would agree with others that this hotel is in a great location to shopping and old town. There is a pizza place directly across the street which we went to for dinner because it was raining that day, it was very good and reasonably priced.

I must mention though, that I woke up during the night for some water, which we had ran out of bottled, so I got some tap water and it tasted not good but I was thirsty and that same night and for the next 2 days I have had an intestinal bug, still trying to flush it out of my system. I can only blame it on that water because I was fine until then. I realize this is not the hotels fault but just wanted to mention it for other guests to be aware of.

With the exception of the water issue this was a decent 2 star hotel with great location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travelldog
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is located just off of Rue Nationale in centre ville Tours. It is a 10 min walk from the train station if you are arriving by rail. If you are coming by car, note that Rue Nationale is a tram and pedestrian street although cars can cross carefully.

The hotel has an 8 Euro breakfast, small elevator and free Wi-Fi (which is a bit spotty at times). Our room was facing the back of the building which was far quieter than those facing the street. Rooms are small with a basic desk, small flat screen TV and a good sized bathroom with a hairdryer. It was unseasonably hot when we were there so we were pleased to find a fan in our room. The one drawback to this hotel are the beds. Our bed was the hardest bed I have ever slept on and I woke up every morning with a sore back although my girlfriend slept just fine. We found the rooms to be very quiet. No noise from other guests nor from the outside but I suspect that was because we were facing the back of the building.

For parking, you have a bunch of options. If you are staying for longer than a day, ask about their private stalls. The cost a few Euros per day but are well worth it. If you are on a motorcycle or a bicycle, parking is free in the rear courtyard of the hotel. About a block away is a car park facility open 24h again for a price. Otherwise there is pay parking on the street where you have to pay from 9am - 12pm and 2pm - 6:30.

The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast with yogurt, breads, coffee, tea, small fruit salads, meats and hard boiled eggs. There are other places to eat on Rue Nationale.

The staff were friendly and made some good recommendations for restaurants. Not much English spoken but enough to get by. If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel in a the centre of Tours, this is a good one to consider.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the building if you want something more quiet. Inquire about parki...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Eric V
Maryland
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is about 10-minute walk from the Tours train station, right off the shopping boulevard, and 5-minute walk to Old Town where all the town people and tourists are. It is very clean and all front-desk people can speak English well. Price is reasonable for such a nice and clean hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Although the location was a bit difficult to find, this hotel is a no-frills gem. It's central location makes it ideal for exploring the city and nearby chateaux. It is walking distance from the main attractions, shopping and restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable. No amenities, which was fine because we rarely use them. We had a first floor room facing the street, hardly ideal because the narrow streets make sound feel "live." I'd choose this hotel again, but ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.

The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The only drawback was that the desk clerk on duty our first evening couldn't recommend a single restaurant because he didn't know anything about the area. I was surprised as everyone else at the hotel and elsewhere in France was always ready to give one or two places.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing rear and/or room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank passionflora
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located in this charming town. Staff are welcoming and friendly ( if not too good with their English!) They also booked a mini-bus Chateaux Tour for me

Rooms are very clean, if a little old-fashioned (blankets , not duvets on beds.) No coffee/tea making facility though.

Breakfast is decent value, presented in a pleasant room with another smiling member of staff on hand, worth the money at weekend when many local places are shut.

I stayed in a double room, on my own, so maybe I'm a bit harsh on the value for money thing. I left the hotel having found it a relaxing place to stay, with human staff. Worth considering as I
wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: If arriving by car, the adjacent car park is shut on Sundays, but there is one 300 yards away
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo