“Does its job well”

Office de Tourisme de Tours
Ranked #10 of 70 things to do in Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome at the Tourist Office of Tours. Information,things to do in Tours and Touraine, sihtseeings, restaurants, campsites and guided tours, accommodation, excursions by minibus to the castles, bookings all year. Special offers, stays all included in Loire Valley.
Singapore, Singapore
252 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 407 helpful votes
“Does its job well”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is just the review for the office and not for the tour that we book through them.

I used their website www.tours-tourisme.fr to book our day trip excursion in Loire Valley. The website offers several options across various tour operators. This helps you chose a trip which satisfies your liking - a one stop shop so to speak. My first real contact with them was when I needed to change my tour date by 1 day, I called them, the lady spoke English and helped me with my changes (I had a week or more to go). My last experience was when we reached Tours in the morning and walked over for our pick-up. Very simple, no dramas, everything went off smoothly.

I would recommend making use of their website extensively as it gives you information and options. For a tourism office, they do their job wonderfully. Also helps keep competition in check as all operators are out in the open. C'est simple. I have written another review for the tour company and the chateaus that we visited in another place.

Visited July 2013
7 Thank Traveleator

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“what it says on the tin”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This tourist office is perfect for any tourists visiting. It is well laid out, plenty of staff on hand to help you with queries or booking (who speak good English) and lots of information and leaflets about Tours and the surrounding area. Also an ideal location right next to the Gare de Tours train station.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank H M
Sydney, Australia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Excellent resource”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a large tourist office where you can make any bookings you like for the wine caves, the châteaus as well as clarify bus routes and times. The staff are very helpful and you really do not need to make a lot of bookings before you arrive in Tours - you can enjoy the city and decide what you want to see once you have looked at all the options the city has to offer.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank harry036
Lexington, KY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Got ripped off!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My daughter and I had our hotel book a tour of four Chateaux. They booked it with the Office de Tourisme de Tours. We were told the price included transportation, admission to the 4 chateaux and a "picnic lunch". When we boarded the van, we learned that everyone else had bought a ticket for just transportation and paid 52 Euros while our ticket was 128.50 Euros. Once we figured out what the admission tickets cost, as well as the lunch, we ended up paying over 36 Euros per person more than anyone else in the van!! Subsequent emails to the tourism office have largely been ignored. I received one email from Simone in French but unfortunately could not translate. She has refused to answer subsequent emails. I would hesitate to use this company again, as their customer service is completely lacking.

Visited November 2012
8 Thank Eft425
ToursTourisme, Directeur général at Office de Tourisme de Tours, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I am really sorry that you do not keep a good impression of our services but without going into details, I remind that we supplied to you all explanations , and that we made for you a goodwill gesture But when we sell a package, we take care of reservations with the various providers, and we guarantee the good execution of the contract, also, you have to understand that this service must be paid.
I would also like to assure you that we put all works that our services give to our visitors whole satisfaction
Curitiba, PR
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“You will find everything you need there”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Tours tourism office is the best one I ever visited. It has all you need, they will book the trips for you and help you choose the best trip fitting perfectly to your needs and possibilities. Prior to booking and trip around, go to Tours Tourism Office.

Visited January 2012