All reviews railway station tea coffee facilities helpful attitude an unexpected delight wrong side budget ibis fresh oj an upgrade nice room travelling by train free parking close proximity comfortable hotel minute walk clean bathroom very nice stay first floor
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2018

The receptionist welcomed us warmly and was very sweet! We had a very nice room, that was super silent, even if it was on the train tracks. Loads of windows, which made the light come in.
We had a nice bathtub, that could be fixed (cracked on the side, mould in the corner).

Plenty of amenities in the room, great big TV, kettle and coffee/tea facilities (including Nespresso).

The toilet door doesn't open much because of a blocker on the floor. There's no toilet brush anymore, which is just stupid.

The breakfast was OK.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EmilieHespel, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Hello Jdlac,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment after your stay at our hotel.

We do not have a toilet brush in the rooms, as this is simply not hygienic, however we have available for single use in reception.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Our aim was to visit Val de Loire chateaux by our own car so we had chosen Tours city for this reason . The hotel was perfect for us as we don't want it in the heart of downtown .
We find it easy to park free at the hotel , directly in front of it - only once we didn't find place , so the ladies at reception directed us to another free parking 10m from hotel but with different entrance .
Ladies at reception was very helpful & welcoming .
Breakfast was more than enough for us, good variety and the addition of fresh orange juice machine was lovely .
At night, No much restaurant options in the street but walking for 10-15min we arrived to Hotel de Ville area where many restaurants & bars .
Finally, this is Not Luxury 5 stars hotel so u must judge it's facilities as 3-4 stars hotel - For me it was so good and I recommend it .

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EmilieHespel, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Hello,

We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor for your stay at our hotel.

We are delighted to read your positive feedback about our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

First..Why the heck is this picture of a beautiful Chateau advertising this mediocre hotel??? I will attach a picture of the real hotel and answer my own question. Its because this hotel located next to the train station is so unattractive and dingy looking. The rooms are super small and no air conditioning unless its really hot. Its not 4 Star or a Chateau. I will say the breakfast if included is really nice. I will also say the whole staff from front desk, restaurant and room service was fantastic and probable that and breakfast saved the day. I would go here for a stop over only and not spend days here as it is cramped and dingy. Sorry, but I feel they are advertising falsely saying this is 4 star and showing a picture of a beautiful place. This place is for business people staying one night.

Room tip: ask for an upgrade and get a bigger room if possible on the 1 floor
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Having read many contradictory reviews I was interested to see what the reality was like. I was able to park directly outside and was warmly greeted at reception where my room was upgraded. All told a very good experience.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
EmilieHespel, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Cathal O,
We thank you for taking time to leave a comment after your stay at our hotel.
We are delighted with your positive feedback.
Thank you very much !
Looking forward to welcoming you again !
Best regards,
Reception Team of Mercure Tours Centre Gare et Congrès

Reviewed October 2, 2018

When reviewing hotels one tends to look at the details related to the experience, savouring the grandure of the place and the culinary expertise of hotels restaurant and details of the rooms facilities. This hotel has non of that, it is humble and located adjacent to platform 1 of a massive railway station. It does not serve dinner and has no room service.
But if you are like us, a family of 13 in 3 cars on our way home from a lovely holiday in Bordeaux, it is absolutely ideal. Amazingly, the hotel had only 2 active members of staff when we arrived late in the afternoon but we received a warm welcome and more help that you would expect. Our hostess on the front desk made sure we had a safe place to keep the cars and overlooked the fact that I had entered by the exit lane (wrong side of the road!!) with just a wry smile. The rooms were perfect for the tired traveller in search of a good nigh sleep. The bonus for my grand children was to wake up to a panacea of railway trains that added at least an hour to our sleep in.
After an excellent breakfast which was billed as a continental but was intact a full cooked buffet with all the essentials for the Brit on a trip. The baked beans were an unexpected delight. For me the fresh self squeezed orange juice was most unexpected and much appreciated. Check out was a breeze and we were on our way.
In summary this is a very good value, very clean and comfortable stop off with no frills, just a friendly helpful attitude which was much appreciated. Tres Tres Bon!!

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank ovimorecp
EmilieHespel, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your TripAdvisor experience after staying at the Mercure Tours Center Gare et Congrès.

All my team and I want to thank you for your comment that goes straight to the heart. It's real pleasure to read you.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Touraine.