“Fantastic Two Days”

Loire Valley Time Travel Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 9 Food & Drink in Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The owners of Loire Valley Time Travel are originally from Australia, and toured the world before settling in France and deciding to share their love of the Loire Valley with visitors. On all of our tours Simon drives the classic cars, while Susan shares her wealth of knowledge about the Loire's history, way of life and natural environment. We provide custom private tours of the Loire Valley, traveling in our classic French 1953 Citroen Traction Avant, and we try to make a day with us like having a day out with friends. We visit the grand chateau you have always dreamed of seeing, stopping along the way at small overlooked sites that can range from WW2 memorials to ancient ruins and troglodyte caves.
Middle Island, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic Two Days”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Where to begin? Simon and Susan picked us up promptly at our B&B and we were off to the fairytale chateau - Azay-le-Rideau, so beautiful. Susan is the perfect guide, so knowledgable ...so interesting. After lunch in the charming village, we headed to the gardens at La Chatonniere...here again, Susan was amazing in her detailed explanations. We finished up our day at a Vouvray winery. Driving along in Celestine was the perfect way to enjoy the lovely Loire Valley. Day two was even more enjoyable than the first, we traveled to Loches and thoroughly enjoyed our stroll through the market and visit to the royal citadel. After another delicious lunch, we made our way to the gorgeously charming village of Montresor - visiting the chateau, we wandered along the river banks before heading off to a small family run winery in St George's sur Cher. The winery owner conducted our tour and tasting...this was truly a highlight of our visit.
I cannot imagine a more enjoyable way to experience the beauty of the Loire Valley.

4 Thank KRB1000

“Susan and Simon will show you the secrets of the region”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Excellent! It is always a pleasure to see Susan and Simon. A wonderful couple driving in France most authentic regions.

Los Alamos
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Truly Unique Day”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My day with Simon and Susan was outstanding! Susan spoiled me terribly. I will miss her explanations on such a variety of topics. She is so knowledgeable. It doesn't matter if you want to know about history, costumes, customs, plants, trees, wine, food--and on, and on, and on. She answers questions on any topic in a clear and understandable manner. Sightseeing will not be the same without her. I felt like I'd known Simon and Susan all of my life within minutes of meeting them. A memorable, fun, and extraordinary day of learning. I loved it! June W.

2 Thank June W
Avalon,wisc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Two enjoyable days”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had two very good days with Susan and Simon in the Loire. We enjoyed seeing some
special items that make the valley a special destination. Anyone who uses their expertise
will see with insight why this is the historical garden of France. A very good time!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Avalonstonefruit
Great Neck, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“tour guides extrodinaire”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Spending two days with Susan and Simon was a fabulous experience! When we originally contracted with Loire Valley Time Travel, I was only considering tours of the well known chateaus. My intention was to relieve my husband of more driving (and of course spell me of more navigation) and to have a tour guide on hand to take us through the chateaus. Our experience included this but was so much more. Let me start with the guides. They have extensive historical and local knowledge of the Loire Valley. Though SImon does the driving, he is an active participant in the experience. Susan is a wealth of information: The intrigues and politics of life at the french courts; the botanicals at the lavish gardens; meandering through a medieval town and market place. I could keep going on our fantastic experiences which would never have occurred without this couple. This tour is an exciting and memorable way to see the chateaus and the Loire Valley.

Visited May 2013