“Good location”

Ibis Tours Centre Gare
Ranked #29 of 88 Hotels in Tours
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent one week in this hotel,at the end of July!
Rooms are small (the bed is very comfortable),air conditioned,clean and quiet!
The location is perfect!The staff is friendly:do not hesitate to ask someone when something is missing for the good breakfast!
I have enjoyed the free-internet computer!
I think it is a good hotel for the amount of money paid!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nanoth

Reviewed July 24, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Ibis Tours in June and also had no AC. When I asked at the desk they said it was broken and gave me a fan. The rooms were very small even by tourist hotel standards. Breakfast was good but the staff was extremely slow at replenishing everything from utensils to food. I definitely would not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been vacationing in several French cities during the past 3 weeks (Dijon, Grenoble, Montpellier, Toulouse) and always staying in a Ibis Hotel. So far everything has worked out well. The Ibis Hotels have always been exceptional: centrally located, near the main city square with access to the tram or subway right outside the door and several restaurants just a few steps away. My stay at Ibis Tours Centre Gare did not go well. The hotel is located on the far side of the train station, in an isolated area not near any restaurants or public transit. But the most astounding thing about this hotel is there is no air conditioning! Here in Tours the mid-day outside temperature in July is 33-35 degrees C (92-95 degrees F). Since the small rooms have no circulation, the overnight indoor temperature is surely in the 80 degree F range. It's amazing they expect guests to stay here under these conditions! This situation is not acceptable in the summer months.

To their credit, when I went to the front desk to talk about this (after the first restless night) they were very open to letting me cancel my five day stay, even though I had a non-cancellable reservation at a reduced rate. I got the impression this is a common complaint by guests during the summer.

There also seems to be a design flaw in the bathroom, making it appear much smaller than it actually is. The window opening for the bathroom window in the concrete building itself (probably constructed about 2005) has a round opening for a window, like a ship's porthole. Yet the actual window is square, with the entire window frame positioned INSIDE the already very cramped bathroom. This frame protrudes at least 8 inches inside the bathroom walls, hovering at an angle over the toilet. It's definitely a design error. I did not see this at other Ibis Hotels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Best to avoid entirely during the summer months.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

this is a good hotel, well located. It's right near the train station. The service is nice. And the facilities are new. One criticism: there is no air-conditioned bedrooms. On hot summer nights cause discomfort. The breakfast ís good.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Bland, poor value and the room was cramped. I do like France but examples and the cost for hotels like this make it hard for me to keep liking France and I wonder why I dont take the boat straight down to Spain and miss France altogether!

You pull into an Ibis expecting a bit of comfort and relaxation only to have a room more cramped than my understair cupboard.

As I was on my motorcycle our luggage was minimal, thank goodness, as you practically need the floor and bed to unpack.

Excuse me being crude but we have now a new euphemism for going to the loo. If the room was small the bathroom was smaller and your knee was against the wall when on the loo. My son & I new use the phrase 'excuse me, I need a knee-scrape!' based on the experiance.

This place was the 'knee-scrapiest' of our whole tour, if you catch my drift?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here one night in June 2013. While the rooms are small, they have everything you need for a quick stay. As a heads up, the hotel does not have air conditioning that I could find. Wifi is available, and breakfast is good. The beds are comfortable, and the area is quiet. I wouldn't want to stay here for a week, but it was good for a day or three.

Stayed: June 2013