“Good for a quick stay”

Ibis Tours Centre Gare
Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Tours
“Good for a quick stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night in June 2013. While the rooms are small, they have everything you need for a quick stay. As a heads up, the hotel does not have air conditioning that I could find. Wifi is available, and breakfast is good. The beds are comfortable, and the area is quiet. I wouldn't want to stay here for a week, but it was good for a day or three.

Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here one night as the plane couldn't land because of bad weather and was diverted to Limoges. Everything was as expected of an Ibis Hotel and of the usual standard. The restaurant was very good, the food and the service was excellent. Well above the standard of some Ibis Hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is new, has very small room, but clean and confort enought for a single traveler. The room is quiet even facing the main road. I would say it's a good choice for budget. Except i got the room charged twice when booked on Accor website. Yes, one is credited back to me when i checked in, while the correspondence before that is not really responsive, and when i explained to the hotel manager that there will be addditional exchange rate loss on me as i'm using non-euro credit card and if it's possible to return cash, the manager just said no and said it's the internet problem. It's funny because i booked through Accor.. The attitude is quite strange. But this is a minor issue considering how beautify the city is.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you to complain about the service we received at the Ibis Hotel Tours on May 4, 2013. We made the checkout (room 519) around 11:00 am and at 1:33 pm I called to the Hotel to tell them that I had forgot a moneybelt with 400 euros inside it and two train tickets. We arrived at the hotel half an hour later and they told us that the room was already occupied and that the person that cleaned the room had left. They said that the only thing they had found was one train ticket that we had already used and nothing else. The train ticket we hadn't used and the moneybelt didn't appear.

We kept asking for more information but the staff was very uninterested and unwilling to help. They said that if we wanted anything else we could go to the police.

I was very surprised by this. We chose Ibis because we know the company and we have received a good service on previous occasions, but after this trip we must admit we were very disappointed.

Please let me know as soon as possible what action are you going to take.

Yours sincerely
Javier Belausteguigoitia

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank MercedesMigoya
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night. I chose this hotel because of the decent price (not cheap -- just not too expensive) and location. We wanted to stay in a bed-and-breakfast, but it was hard to find a vacancy in short notice (3 days). The hotel was a mere 200-300 meters from the Gare de Tours railway station. We didn't find the main entrance right away, though, since we first thought it was going to a carpark.

When we arrived, the receptionist greeted us warmly and had us checked-in in around 5 minutes. Wonderful.

The room seemed very clean. It had extra pillows. It was also warm enough (for the season). The free wireless Internet access was good enough, as we only used it on our smartphones (no intense downloading :-p ). The bathroom had just enough room for one person to move in, but no room to fit the both of us. My wife found that the hairdryer was busted. It was easy to adjust the heat of the water in the shower and sink, which means they have pretty reliable heating.

The best part of our stay was the breakfast buffet. The croissants were still crunchy on the outside, the orange juice was pulpy, the pancakes (though too small for me) were tasty even without any jam or syrup.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had to stay for three night in Tours and decided for a centered hotel. Walking distance from Tours Central Station is perfect balance price quality. NIce people and service. Internet all over the hotel and good breakfast. Only weak menu for dinner at the restaurant. Rest is worth the stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's an Ibis so all I expected was food, a bed and a beer. What I didn't expect is raw food after waiting 1 hour (no I didn't order steak tartare), a 230VAC 40A electric shock from the heater in my room, the heater had its insulating knob on the thermostat removed as did my other room ! and rude staff. The hotel is unsafe and an utter inconvineince. Cheap is one thing, I travel around Europe weekly using simple hotels but this is an utter discrace. Next time I'm in Tores I will look elsewhere. If there is no elsewhere I will sleep in the car, or on a bench - Anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Look at another place