“Go there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of MAO

MAO
Ranked #17 of 585 Restaurants in Tours
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Go there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We fancied an alternative to traditional French cuisine (sacrilege I know) and a local suggested this Asian/Tai restaurant. I am very glad they did. The ambience and interior were fantastic. We ate upstairs which is very verdant and atmospheric. The section that we ate had glass sides and roof panels and I suspect would be especially pleasant in the summer. We chose the set menu at €28 euro. There were 3 options and each of my party chose a different option. All were excellent. The food was lightly spiced to enhance the flavour but without being hot which I do not like. I was particular taken by my mango dessert. When compared with other Asian/Tai meals that I have had in England, this is the best one that I have had to date. Portion sizes were generous and the service excellent. I could not fault our eating experience. Top marks deservedly earned.

• Visited January 2013