“A cheese lovers paradise!”

La Souris Gourmande
Ranked #53 of 619 Restaurants in Tours
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We ate here in August '12 during a visit to Tours. The owner was so welcoming and was very happy to tell us about his menu and answer any questions. He was very helpful and accommodating with my children while they ordered and even kept them entertained with some magic tricks when my toddler started to get restless. They thought he was fabulous!

He also came out to chat with us on another day as we passed the restaurant.

The food was very, very nice. I had a goats cheese tart served on a bed of salad. Delicious!

I would definately visit again if we return to Tours.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Having booked a Hotel in Tours for a trip home from Spain the next job was to find a restaurant that might appeal. My Wife is not the most adventurous of eaters despite my best efforts, so La Souris Gourmande jumped out from the reviews on TA as the easiest solution (especially after a 500 mile drive) some of the descriptions of the fayre on offer in the reviews did have the mouth watering.
At this point I will point out that if you don't like cheese and more to the point French Cheese keep walking, however if you do welcome to The Sweet Shop!!!!! :-)
We arrived at 7pm and the place was quiet as were the other establishments along this street of restaurants, after a warm greeting we opted to sit outside as the weather was very pleasant. Once established that we were English the owner was quickly out to welcome us and run through the specials on offer, all of which were most tempting. Probably due to being a little weary we decided a Fondue would be simple and easy (and something we had not had for years). Amongst the Cheese Menu, some of which must have been a wheeze to develop (goodness know how the owner is so slim), there were 6 choices of Fondue with the names of regions that the cheeses in them came from.
We opted for Normandie made from Camembert (obviously) Pont L'Eveque and Livarot, this came with bread cubes and apple to dip into the gloriously gooey mix. Also you got a glass of a very pleasant Calvados (so good I ordered a bigger top up) which we were told to save until we felt few were getting full then have a swig as it will free up the system to get going again. As I was undecided on which wine to have the owner recommended a very pleasant local rose. Everything was delicious, and the place was filling with customers too.
The owner then came out to survey the street and for another chat with us, when he discovered that we were in town for one night only, he strongly recommended taking a stroll down the road to see the old square, which turned out to be well worth it.
We decided on dessert, which again was all cheese based.
All in all for just over €50 this was a a very satisfying meal experience. Clever concept very well presented. Driving home from Spain we normally overnight in a different Town in France, next year Tours is already on the schedule just to come back to La Souris Gourmande: and next time I am having what the lady on the next table had!!

1  Thank John-Boy-Saint
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had a lovely last night in France at this great restaurant. Not only was the food fantastic but the owner entertained our children with magic trips. To top it off I left my wallet in the restaurant and the owner was more than happy to post it back to Singapore.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

After reading reviews, my girlfriend and I decided to have dinner here during our time in Tours. We're glad we did. We both like cheese, which is one of the reasons why we chose this restaurant. We ordered different types of fondue, and both came to the table freshly prepared, with a nice selection of bread, and other items for dipping. The service was very friendly, the food was good, and we both enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Fine real french cuisine and wines at good price. Good service.

2  Thank MaiaTraveler