“Magnifique”
Review of La Deuvaliere

La Deuvaliere
Ranked #7 of 589 Restaurants in Tours
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Australia
“Magnifique”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

An absolute must if you are visiting Tours. I had the pleasure to dine with 2 local people who had heard so much about the restaurant but had never been - we were all extremely impressed with the food.....as I have said in the title MAGNIFIQUE. I visit Tours whenever I am in France and I will definitely be returning to this restaurant on my next visit.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank deb1000

Eilat, Israel
“Fine quality food. Chef's creative touch noticeable”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Positiond just beside the noisy center, the restaurant has very nice atmosphere - not too loud, not too fancy, yet classy. Loved each dish. refined combinations and balanced tastes. The very nice Israeli Chef adds a slight twist to the traditional french cooking, while still keeping the classic qualities and not "over playing" with it.
Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2011
Brussels, Belgium
“Good food. Good Service. Good Price”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Well, I cannot add anything else. The food is excellent, innovative. The service quite good. And all that for a very reasonable price. If you are around Tour, you must visit this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank BibGourmander
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was a great find, on the edge of the city's medieval quarter. They do two sittings, one at 730pm, one at 930pm and we went for the former. Service was brisk but not offensively so. The food was really well cooked, and really nicely presented. Good variety and fantastic value for money - E33 for four courses.

The staff were friendly - even when the chef (who was helping out with the service) spilt water over my son we all ended up laughing about it,

This is defintely worth trying. You will probably need to book.

• Visited August 2011
Kraków
“Fantastic value for oney”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We have recently visited Val de Loire and spent a few days on wine tastings, sightseeing and being lazy. What a soothing combination :-) !! On the last night we and our French friends decided to have a meal together as a thank you and basically to spend time nicely. Our friend suggested Le Deuvaliere and we were full of expectations. The restaurant itself is not big, just two rooms with an open kitchen. The menu is compact : 6 starters, 6 mains and the same amount of desserts. We opted for a 4 course menu which includes a starter, main, cheese and sweet. All priced at 33 Euro. The wine list offers nice variety, mostly French with an emphasis on local winegrowers. Try anything from Francois Pinon, the best Vouvray in my life.

There were 9 of us so I cannot speak for everyone but my terrine of foie gras (a starter) with (I believe) apricot chutney was to die for. My personal preference would be to have it with a brioche instead of bread but it is an insignificant detail :-). My friends also praised sardinnes and quail starters.
Decided to follow with noisettes of lamb which basically is a saddle of lamb rolled up in a neat cylinder. Came on bed of aubergines, nothing to add, simply melted in my mouth.
My girlfriend had a 'merlu' which is a French name for hake-it was cooked to perfection ( I know cos she lets me try off her plate every now and then ).
The cheese come on a trolley and you get to choose up to 5. Nice selection: Comte, Fourme d'Ambert, Bleu d'Auvergne, Epoisse and other French classics. The trolley was kept in the dining room so all the cheese had perfect texture and temperature.
And finally we reached the dessert: Mine was a combination of fresh strawberries bound with cream and amazing passion fruit coulis. No room was left for coffee or brandy but next time I am in Tours I will go there again to make up for it.
To sum up: service was attentive but unobtrusive, we spoke to chefs who turned out to be normal (as in opposed to those with over-inflated egos) guys. All in all my favourite kind of dinner, when you are pleased with the whole experience. Thank you!

2 Thank JJGrove