“Closing ?”

Ranked #47 of 643 Restaurants in Tours
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are visiting Tours in the first week of June and tried to book a table for dinner but were disappointed to be told that it is closing at the end of May. So we will never have the opportunity to see this very long established restaurant.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I had an excellent experience dining at L'Odeon. I was with a small group for which food had been pre-ordered, but the staff was very willing to accommodate my request for no meat or shellfish. The starter was a delectable tiny jar of sweet-potato purée with pesto. I had mullet for the main course, with delicious accompaniments, and dessert was an impossibly light almond tuile with a mousse and black-cherry sorbet. The food and service were impeccable. Highly recommmended!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Near the train station, modest looking from outside, not one I would pick by appearance but so much better than most of the places I have eaten in Tour.

We picked a plat du jour and were not disappointed. The food was very good and the service was impeccable. High marks to the wait staff! Wish I had discovered sooner!

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I didn't have much time in Tours as I was using it as a place to recover from transatlantic travel. I was delighted to find this restaurant close to my near-station hotel.
The Menu L'Odeon at 26 Euros came with an amuse-bouche and my selection of fresh asparagus with shrimp and crab and avocado cream, then rack of lamb superbly done with artichoke 'legs' and new potatoes. No room for dessert! Not open on the weekend; according to the owner, most waiters are university students who go home then to local villages. Michelin lists this as good home cooking; I wish I could produce a meal as good as this in my home.

2  Thank alyson_bc
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

We had meant to go to a different restaurant, but couldn't find it, so we wound up here. So glad we did!
Although the host/waiter didn't speak English, we were able to communicate and had a wonderful meal.
It started with an amuse buse that was a flavorful potato soup with a bit of bacon. How could that be bad?!?
I had the a prawn and quail to start and it was SO wonderful! My husband had an asparagus starter that he also enjoyed.
For our entree, my husband had the beef with some AMAZING sauce and a baked potato that was delicious and done in a very unique way.
I had the fish special, that again, was just a harmony of flavors.
The waiter, who literally did everything but cook the food was friendly and very efficient!
The prices were quite reasonable-even with the two glasses of local wine we had. Highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Staci125