“good food at a good price”
Review of la chope

la chope
Ranked #66 of 612 Restaurants in Tours
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Seriously good menus at E20 and 25 for dinner giving both their fish speciality and great food for the carnivores. Opted for the dearer menu with a supplement(not necessary at this price) for Scallops and gambas starter but all excellent with largest choclate mouse in exsistance! Good carafe wines available. Maitre D' (smart female) ran a good ship with all excellent, only one waiter not very friendly, brigade. Wish it was located near to where we live!

There are newer reviews for la chope

Reviewed November 6, 2012

It started well but did not finish that way. The service was fine at the begining and then got progressively worse.

The plateau de fruits de mer was ok but the restaurant serves no mussels or clams a pity. The children's menu was very good value, but the starters lacked quality and the sevice was very poor at the end

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I love seafood especially oysters and La Chope in Tours had exactly was I was looking for when spending a family weekend in Touraine. The menu has indeed something for everyone and the service is prompt and efficient. All the dishes were well prepared and presented. The quality of ingredients is top and their menus are reasonnably priced for their content. I recommend the Gillardeau oyster! My family and I had a great dinner experience that evening and will come back next time in Tours.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My travel group of 33 people had dinner here one night. The servers were quite friendly and all of our food was good. Since food prepared en masse for large groups is typically not tasty, I would love to go back to this restaurant someday.

1  Thank TravelLady511
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is an elegant restaurant specialising in seafood. We had lunch here on the day we left Tours. I had steak and profiteroles from the menu my wife had a crab and shrimps. The nice thing is you can make up a plate of seafood from the list. Crab, prawns, shrimp and other seafood. They looked to have a regular lunchtime local customers.