“Seafood”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
United Kingdom
“Seafood”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is an elegant restaurant specialising in seafood. We had lunch here on the day we left Tours. I had steak and profiteroles from the menu my wife had a crab and shrimps. The nice thing is you can make up a plate of seafood from the list. Crab, prawns, shrimp and other seafood. They looked to have a regular lunchtime local customers.

• Visited March 2012

• Polish first
WDC
“I know great seafood !”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I grew up in Baltimore, and I know delicious, fresh, well-prepared seafood. I have been to this neighborhood restaurant several times over the years - and it never disappoints.

The oysters in La Chope are first rate, as are the other crustacés. The salads are very good, the sides creative and the deserts very tasty. The wine list was good - this is the Loire Valley, after all - and the service was comme il faux.

So, I cannot wait for my next visit to Tours and a lunch or dinner at La Chope.

~MarnieWDC

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Marniewdc
Stockport
“Superb, Friendly Restaurant in the heart of the Loire”
Reviewed June 20, 2008

We have eaten in La Chope every time we've visited Tours, even diverting from the motorway to find our way into the city, to enjoy it's excellently cooked fish dishes, pleasant ambiance and great service. The staff speak enough English to be helpful, if you need it.
Enjoy but beware the chocolate mousse - it is truly awesome in flavour and texture, but came in a massive portion - perhaps best shared between two.
I can't speak highly enough of this unassuming restaurant - book ahead if you want to be sure of a table.

1 Thank koryckaa