“Chez Dionysos”

8:00 PM
Ranked #4 of 398 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a typical French restaurant characterized by the tasty, homemade cooking and a fine selection of mature cheeses from different regions. Chez Dionysos prides itself in using only fresh products and offering the great options for wine by the glass. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to take home the bottle of wine you have enjoyed in the restaurant, for a highly competitive price.
Reviewed June 3, 2019

Went there because of the raving reviews on TA. The food was good but not outstanding. Definitely not exquisite. The place is small, less than a dozen tables. Good service as they even printed a menu in English for us.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I know that the high temperature (34 C) was unusual for Orleans, but the lunch suffered this issue. Table was outside on the walkside under a small tent. The host was kind. Fois gras was good, the raw meat was very good. Coffee dessert was curious, but not great.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed November 30, 2016

Thank for sharing, the food was wonderful and just tasting great, the experience was incredible with my family, thank for the service and quality of the food.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Stayed on our way back to England and wow we weren't disappointed.
The owner was very good and the food was superb.
Have to book as only small but if you can it's a must visit.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

This is a small restaurant but giant in the quality of its food and service. I had the lamb shank with sautéed potatoes and my daughter had an asparagus risotto that was the best either of us had ever tasted - and she lives and works in Manhattan. We arrived without a reservation at 9pm and our waiter was very solicitous. He was able to provide recommendations (that we followed) and when he found out where we were from he volunteered that he had lived in NYC for 5 years back in the late 80s/early 90s. From that point we were treated as old friends! My daughter ordered a dry white wine, and when I ordered a Bordeaux he looked at my daughter as if to say, "is he serious" - and gently reminded me that I was in the Loire region and should experience more local offerings. I have lost the name of the wine, but it was perfect like everything else about that evening. I cannot recommend Chez Dionysos highly enough - impossible to go wrong!

Date of visit: June 2016