All reviews superior room no elevator rooms are small suitcases centre
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is it's proximity to the old part of Orleans which is just delightful! Parking is also available in two public car parks which are opposite.
The welcome on arrival was good but if you're a non French speaker, you may need a phrase book as little English was spoken.
Rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors are accessed by a staircase which you'd have to say is typically French and quite charming really.
On to the accommodation...
It has to be said that the room was on the small side but I have stayed in smaller!
The bed was a decent enough size and the en-suite bathroom was ok though the shower cubicle did seem to be a retro-fitted free standing plastic thing which wouldn't be out of place in a Blackpool boarding house!
The there is no air con in the rooms so if the weather is hot or humid (we had both!) it might be an uncomfortable night. Whilst the room was generally clean, attention to detail could be better: there was a stripe of dust along the edges where the carpet met the wall.
Breakfast was "ok" but we felt that the pastries on offer weren't perhaps made the same morning. The table linen on our table was soiled and hadn't been changed for some days it seemed.
All in all, this place is a solid 'average' but with a bit more input and effort from the management it could be a whole lot better.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2017

A simple one night stopover. After car vandalism (on street parking) in Baie de la Somme a few years ago I always look for at lest a public car park near an hotel. St Martin has one just over the road so job done. the hotel doesn't look too much from the outside but all was clean and well decorated on the inside. The lady on reception (I think one of the owners) was friendly and helpful, the room pleasant and tidy and above all quiet. It's a 10 minute walk to the old city centre - just come out of the hotel, look directly opposite, find the cathedral tower and just walk! The continental breakfast was good, I think there was a hot option but this was a Sunday so it didn't seem to be on.
A nice little touch as I left - I'd left my phone charger in the room and the receptionist had done a quick sweep, noticed it, and caught up with as I was packing the car.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are quiet but have no view.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

After reviewing hotels in 80 cities to date, this is a very good small, family run hotel. Unlike the previous reviewer I found the stairs no problem and I am in my 60s (can't wait 'till they visi Amsterdam. We had a regular room which was not large but was certainly adequate with a huge ensuite bathroom. Staff were helpful and responsive to every request for assistance and unsure how we could have expected more. The room was clean and the breakfast was generous with a large selection of food and drink. Hard to fault anything but just not exceptional enough for 5 stars.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2016

We booked a Superior Room which was not as advertised. The "wardrobe/closet" was a rail om the wall and the patio and garden furniture simply was not possible. The room was on the first floor! Room was tiny but nicely decorated and the unbelievable narrow and steep staircase coupled with the small room space means I would strongly recommend you do not contemplate taking a heavy or large suitcase to your room. This is not a three star hotel but it does have a great location.
Dogs are charged at 10 euros each. The highest we have ever been charged in France!
On the plus side staff were great and the new manager dealt with my disappointment over the room professionally and to my satisfaction.
There is lots of street parking opposite the hotel but full until late afternoon. It costs 2 euros per hour with a max of 4 hours till 7pm when free.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2016

I'd booked the hotel a few hours before arrival through a hotel booking website, not noticing that check-in close was 10pm, a bit too early for my 11pm arrival. As I called the hotel, the chirpy receptionist had a solution: she gave me the code for the entrance door lock over the phone and said she'd leave my room door open for me to get in. She very kindly also left two logins for the free Wifi.

It's a nice, great value-for-money hotel within a few minutes walk from the cathedral and the pedestrian zone - and pets are welcome, which was one of my main criteria to book this hotel. There is a large car park outside the hotel, which is free from 7pm to 7am (and doesn't cost much during the day either, €8, if I remember rightly for the whole day).

My room and bathroom on the second floor, facing the main road, were newly kitted out and super tidy with windows 100% soundproof. The room was 15sqm, which may not be big, but was, from what I could see on the hotel booking websites, by no means small by local standards.

Staff are great: cheery and helpful and lovely. Would I stay again? Absolutely. And then I will book with them directly, which usually works well with small, independent hotels like this one.

Room tip: Try and book direct, bot thru a website. Chances are that you will get the same rate - and a better room.
Date of stay: May 2016