“Excellent ”

Ranked #10 of 398 Restaurants in Orleans
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Very friendly reception (already for the reservation). Cosy and rustic ambiente with excellent, fresh and creative cuisine. Very tasty innovative mixed with traditional dishes. Would come back anytime. You feel the passion served by the owner of the restaurant. Thank you for this fantastic evening?

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed January 20, 2019

one of the restaurant that you meet the owners, the chef and his wife are adorable, you feel home and welcomed, bravo and bonne continuation

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

I went here for lunch this afternoon. I had just arrived from Paris, with no reservation. I was lucky that they had a table free. Impressive for a restaurant on a Tuesday afternoon!

The restaurant was full of French people. Not all locals, as I gathered from a little eavesdropping as clients chatted while paying the bill.

I had the same warm welcome that other reviews mention. This afternoon there was a table of 10 but calm, pleasant, unflusterred service for all clients was always maintained.

I started with a dish of escargots and mushrooms, in a creamy, garlicky sauce which was let down only by some grit which had not found its way off the mushrooms and the distinctly average bread (of which I had some, nevertheless, as the sauce and my hunger demanded it...). Overall an impressive dish from a chef who knows what they are doing.

My main course followed too rapidly for my liking; then again, I arrived when most were half way through their meal, so there might have been a bit of urgency in the kitchen. I did not notice the inter-course time at other tables.

I had a dish of scallops on a rosemary sprig skewer, perfectly pan-fried. Soft and tender with a lovely rosemary perfume. This was served on flat mound of green cabbage and lardons. A perfect complement to the scallops. Unfortunately, the plate was doused in another creamy sauce. Good though it was on its own, I thought it was overkill. The dish was excellent on its own and did not need the sauce.

I had no room for dessert, but I saw some very attractive plates at other tables.

Overall, I was pleased I went. The place is quaint and charming, the service is faultless and the kitchen impressive.

I think the menu is more suited to a long, slow lunch, followed by a judicious nap, or a slow, romantic dinner. The menu is too heavy for an hour or an hour and a half's lunch. A lightness of touch might help; richer is not always better...

I would come back, but for dinner rather than lunch.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

4 of us are here for a family meal in June 2018, and we had a wonderful experience.

Ensure to book in advance by phone, as it does get very busy and reservations on the night are hard to come by.

We had a dog with us, but like anywhere in France, well-behaved dogs are more than welcome.

The staff were incredibly friendly and despite a bit of a language barrier (my French is pretty shoddy at best), we got by with hand gestures and lots of smiles. We couldn’t have been made to feel more welcome.

We sat in the garden - a court yard area at the back, in a beautiful part of the old town in Orléans. The atmosphere both in and out of the restaurant was wonderful and very relaxed.

The food was some of the best I’ve ever had. High quality, seasonal and freshly made (the menu regularly changes). We thoroughly enjoyed all of our courses and couldn’t fault it at all.

We went with a red wine recommendation from the manager, which didn’t fail to please - as with the food, it was excellent.

I can’t recommend this restaurant enough. We spent 2 weeks in France and Belgium, and this was by far the best meal we ate. If you visit Orléans, be sure to pay a visit to La Dariole - you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018

We were delighted to find this gem of a restaurant. The welcome was friendly and the service excellent with many smiles from our hostess and our waiter. We liked the ambiance and the decor. The food was excellent and we most certainly will return when we next are in Orlèans.

Date of visit: May 2018