“Clean and convenient”
Review of Logis Luccotel

Logis Luccotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Loches
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A modern 'Travelodge' type hotel. Rooms were small but had everything we needed and they were very clean.We stayed in the annex and we asked for adjacent rooms, a double and a twin, and that's what we got. It was great being able to park right outside the rooms.
We ate in the restaurant and found the food very 'fancy' and pricey for this type of hotel. Beautifully presented but not much of it! Breakfast was good.
There was a swimming pool but we didn't have time to use it.
We would stay here again but might find somewhere else to eat.

Room Tip: Easy to park outside the 'motel' type rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2012

A modern french hoel overlooking Loches with some good views. The normal modern room however reasonably small with a small shower/toilet. Breakfast and dinner ok. If you walk into town it is a steep hill to come back up. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our travels, having chosen it from the Logis book as it had free wifi plus our previous good experiences of Logis hotels. When we enquired at reception we were informed that the only rooms available were the motel-type rooms about 100 m from the main building. We are able to park our car directly in front of our room which made unloading luggage very convenient. The room and ensuite were very small and although clean the decor was rather tired. Walls were not soundproof and we could hear people talking in adjoining rooms. That evening it rained and the noise on the roof was very loud. Wifi was not available in these units and we had to sit in the reception area to get a signal. Upon enquiring about brochures on Loches the receptionist was anything but polite. That evening we dined in the restaurant choosing from the a la carte menu. The bass meal ordered was good. However, the roast pork breast with roast vegetables had not seen the inside of an oven. The pork breast was in fact a small piece of pork belly, mainly fat, which had been fried. The vegetables were boiled. I sent the meal back to the kitchen requesting roasted vegetables and a decent piece of pork. What came back was an additional piece of fried pork belly and the boiled vegetable had been fried.

Room Tip: Avoid the motel-type rooms out the back of the main building. They are not soundproof and have no wi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

There is but one problem with the hotel and that is the receptionist we encountered during out stay between the 22nd and 24th October 2011. I tried to use the little French that I have but my friend is every bit the Londoner and disinclined to any other accent let alone any other language. I could therefore understand her tension but when I stumbled over my poor French I was met with a teeth baring EEH! Which took me aback a tad.

I was then asked that if she came to England [I’m from Scotland by the way] would I speak to her in French. To which I replied politely “no but I would try to help you!”

After dinner [which thankfully I had per-booked and it was very good food] we were asked by the waiter if we could take our coffee in the bar and would we mind ordering it from reception. It was late-ish and they were setting up for breakfast and of course we did not mind.

I explained the situation to our tense receptionist and she frumped away to have a discussion with the waiter but did bring us our coffee. There was an advert on the table in the bar for Brandy etc. and when the receptionist returned with the coffees one of us asked for a Brandy. The response stunned us into chuckles as we could not believe what we had just heard. She said “Can you not order everything at once?” We were sitting not 9 feet from the bar.

I will leave you to decide whether that is reasonable behaviour for front of house.

Room Tip: Stay in the main block of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Safetylaw
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed for three nights on a brittany ferry deal which was great value.Room dated but clean with full bath and shower. Towels could have been better quality, very thin and small. We were in main building. Great position with easy walk into Loches, though uphill on way back. Restuarant not as good as anticipated. Ate there first night, starters were great and also the sorbet and pre dinner canapes but not the warmed up potatoes with main course. They were horrid. Staff friendly and efficient, good parking. Had every intention of using indoor pool but didnt get round to it but it looked very clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Great hotel in Loches - a must visit city. Rooms are OK but hotel facilities are excellent. Lovely pool and grounds. Excellent restaurant but book in advance or you might not get a table. 15 mins walk down into Loches is fine but steep uphill walk back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I've been in the Loire Valley for several days in a cottage, and just for one night in Luccotel (Loches). The rooms are either inside of the main building or outside, like little wooden houses. They are actually cute at first glance. I was in one of these rooms, inspired in a kind of nice motel.

The rooms were really small, and tasteless decorated (typical 90's style in a 3*** hotel). There was a good television, and a small but convenient bathroom, with a shower that actually worked really well. The problem came out around sleeping time. I pulled the bed covers off and I discovered lots and lots and lots of hairs in the blanket. It was utterly digusting. There wasn't two or three hairs, buts LOTS of them. Like if a dog had been around. There even was a black curly hair on the pillow (?!) and dust on the nightstand and the remote.

I'm sure that -on the whole- the hotel can be useful for visiting a gorgeous town like Loches- But my particular experiece wasn't good at all. Sorry to say that.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Anna_Nav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loches
Hotel George Sand
#2 of 4 in Montbazon
Les Jardins de Beauval
Les Jardins de Beauval
#1 of 3 in Saint-Aignan

Been to Logis Luccotel? Share your experiences!