“Good night out”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Visited this very pleasant eatery with two other couples last Tuesday evening. We opted for they two course menu, with all of selecting starters and mains, my choice was a goats cheese dish followed by bavette of steak, both of which were excellent. The others had a variety of starters including a duck dish and a charcuterie plate, mains included a delicious tenderloin of pork. The pichets of house wine were very palatable and despite the restaurant being very busy, our food was delivered to us hot, the service was excellent. All in all a very good evening and reasonably priced

2  Thank Hedley52a

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been to the restaurant a number of times and this time we really wanted to go whilst visiting my Mum, because last time it had been so good. The service and the wine were both excellent, but the food was really left wanting this sort of cuisine is why French food is falling behind restaurants in the UK. Poor meat, none to fresh produce and rather reminiscent of the 1970's in presentation. My rare steak was exceedingly tough and basically inedible and my Mum's skate was like a piece of rubber and she was left feeling none too well the next day. Each main dish was served with ratatouille, mushrooms and Dauphinoise potatoes all a little rich together. I will try it again when I return, but it needs to really improve and the red plastic chairs outside look horrendous against the burgundy fascia.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant place. Service and food very good if not a little overpriced. The lamb on the main plats was especially good.

Was a tad cold so wear a jumper if it is chilly.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Loches, at the recommendation of our B&B hosts. The restaurant is on the small side (we sat inside), but not crowded. We were pleased with both the food and the service. My husband had magret du canard in a gooseberry sauce, which he very much enjoyed, and I had a beef dish (don't remember the name of it, but it was in a mushroom cream sauce, and was quite good). I asked our server for a recommendation for sweet wine (the only kind of wine I like), and it was excellent. Service was quite friendly, and also prompt. We didn't wait nearly as long between courses as at some other restaurants. If I am ever in Loches again I will certainly eat here.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We found this to be a very pleasant little restaurant and were glad we booked as it was just about full by 8.00pm (opens @ 6.30 - you can probably book on the day, out of season at least). There were quite a few locals having their meals there which seems to confirm it's not just tourists/travellers who rate the place. The meal we had was one of the best we had in France - really tasty and nicely done. Service was fairly prompt (but not pushy - not always the case in France we've found) and pleasant staff. The final bill including half a carafe of quite drinkable wine was under 50euros so good value as well. Happy to recommend the place.