“italiano”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Italian , pizza pasta etc
good food excellent portions.
Carafe house reds and whites were poor, beer prices very expensive
service slow but friendly and helpful.
not the most romantic location.
Big plus , it opens on Sunday evening

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Had a very nice dinner. Service was wonderful. Steak cooked to perfection and you cant go wrong with pasta. We'll be back!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We tried La Farfalla on 3 different occasions. We went once for dinner, twice for lunch. The lunch special was reasonably priced, the portions were above average. My wife enjoyed the rotini with three cheeses. We also tried pasta with tomato sauce, it was dry. The sauce was lightly sprinkled on the pasta that you could not really taste the sauce. We tried their pizza. Do not try Pizza Margherita. It had no mozzarella or whole basil leaves. It was a plain cheese pizza with 4 black olives on it. It was terrible, my wife could not finish it. I tried Pizza Quattro Stagioni. That was a complete disaster. The pizza was not divided into four sections, each with a different topping to represent the four seasons. All the toppings were under cooked, mixed and thrown all over the place. I only ate it because I was hungry. Maybe because I was born and raised in Italy, I automatically thought they knew how to make pizza. I only say this because the owners advertise their restaurant as a little piece of Italy. I cannot comment on the rest of their menu, I only hope the other selections are better than what we ordered.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

It should have been a warning when we walked in and the faces of the other guests were frowning. Do not go to Farfala unless you have time to kill! It was our first evening out in Loches and was not a good memory. The pizzas were good once they arrived but weren't worth waiting for. Be careful before visiting here!

1  Thank LovingGRITS
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Arrived having just driven from the ferry, and just wanted a drink to start with before finding somewhere to eat. They would only serve drink with food at this time, so decided to eat as well. The starter of various vegetables stuffed with tuna paste was really unusual and delicious. The chicken with lemon was also tasty. Weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised.