“Good italian spot”

Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Loches
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had just travelled to the Loire after spending a week in Venice so we were anxious to have Italian food. However, it was a national holiday and many restaurants were closed or full. We are glad that we found this restaurant. The food was very good, service was fast, friendly and efficient. My daughter loved her pizza with duck. My omelette was perfectly cooked and very tasty. For a casual Italian dinner, this is the place.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had a hankering for a pizza on our last night at our French house just outside Loches, so we headed into town and after a small wandering, ended up at Sforza which we had not previously tried.

I had my pizza, and the missus had a lasagne.

Great pizza but unless you are a big eater - and I thought I was - consider a small one. I could not finish the full size version, much to my chagrin.

1  Thank richardpS850LT
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We got to Pizzeria Sforza around 1pm, normal lunchtime in France. We asked if we could join two tables with two seats and add one seat at one end, as there were five of us. The waiting staff replied curtly by saying the fifth person would be in full sunshine, it would be very hot and they did not want us to complain about it afterwards because "I have told you so". Once sitting, I was commanded not to move too much or I would fall off the platform the table was on and they could not be bothered to call the ambulance if that was the case.
The food was simply awful: a biscuit like pizza Margherita with emmental cheese instead of mozzarella was served, with two lonely olives staring up at me as if to say "We don't know why we've been put here, this is a Margherita!!!"
My dining companions did not fare much better: the omelette was a mass of uncooked egg and raw jelly-like pork lardons, which prompted the reaction "This is the worst omelette I've ever had", accompanied by pale brown lettuce, at least three days old. The salads were along the same line: old lettuce, limp and brown, bathed in an unidentified sauce.
All of that topped by dead flies in the salt shaker.
When we asked to see the manager to complain about the appalling state of our meal, the manager refused to come out, but the waiting staff apologised profusely about their earlier conduct and reduced the bill, which was very nice of them, I must admit.
In conclusion, the place is clearly a tourist rip off, where the management have no care for quality food and service.

2  Thank Annaira2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We followed trip advisor recommendations and were amazed at the ratings that this restaurant.. The salad starters were Reasonable and the service was good. Although all the time you werer under the impression that this restaurant likes to turnover customers at a fast rate to keep the tables turning over money. The pizzas were far underneath my expectation and I can get a much better pizza at a well-known pizza chain. They were fatty and there were far too many toppings on top. The whole meal cost €50 and to be perfectly honest I would rather have gone to an a la restaurant and spent the money. This was the most disappointing meal we had in Loches having had two very good meals which were also very good value. The house wine however was acceptable. I must also say that the waitresses were pleasant & efficient.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having eaten several times in this delightful little restaurant right in the centre of Loches, I can advise that upon arriving you are greeted by the owner, as only the French do and your evening is off to a great start. You are invited to partake of an aperitif ( no problem there then) , a reasonably comprehensive menu appears ( pizzas are a big part ) but other tempting dishes are also available as are carafes of red, rose or red wine at very nominal cost. Delicious bread appears and your order is prepared and served in a proper manner quite quickly. The food, whilst not top of the range "gourmet", is very acceptable, the ambience really good both inside or outside and a very happy evening ensues. Oh yes , did I mention the wine? It was rather good too and a little liqueur finishes a splendid experience

The whole experience was excellent and it doesn't cost a fortune