“Superb”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Superb”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel - definitely not disappointed. Very creative, well presented and tasty meal. We are glad we booked because many people were turned away after the restaurant filled. I would recommend it to anyone.

Visited May 2013

New Zealand
“Quality Cuisine and Service”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant from some local people, looked it up on TA and liked its rating - so thought we would try it out for dinner. We were welcomed by a very busy waiter and offered a Menu in French or English.
The restaurant is not large and the waiter managed it really well. As to the food - we were not disappointed. There is the normal set menu's or a la carte. I went for the 27€ menu and my wife went for the 21€ menu. The standard of food for both was very high. I found the combination of veal and rhubarb very interesting and delicious.
Overall - Great food, Great service and Great value.
My only criticism would be that we found the price of the bottles of wine a little on the high side. I highly recommend the house aperitif and highly recommend the restaurant .

• Visited July 2013
Nantes, France
“Lovely place to meet with friends”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We chose this restaurant, based on Trip Advisor reviews, as a good place to share a meal out with friends who were visiting from Australia, and were delighted with the quality of the food, the ambiance, and the service. A fresh, creative and surprising menu, served in unpretentious, spotlessly clean and comfortable surroundings. It offers a limited but good quality wine list. The restaurant was full, so we were glad to have booked in advance. We have eaten in some excellent Michelin-starred restaurants in France, and feel that this is showing all the promise of a really great dining experience, both now and for the future. Congratulations to the young and enterprising owners, and thank you for giving us such a great, unhurried evening together to spend with friends.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank DavidSally
Tours, France
“Simple and Creative”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Partly based on the quality of reviews found on this site, my wife and I decided to have lunch at
La Part des Anges in Chinon (a relatively new restaurant). The restaurant is small, but clean, the kitchen is also small and situated at the back where the chef (Virginie) does all her own cooking. The food is simple but creative, with good and interesting flavours. My wife started with a boudin noir and apple dish, myself, asparagus and magret of goose. My wife thought the boudin and apple was too sweet, but thats her taste, as other diners seemed to enjoy it immensely.
For mains we had fish and veal. The fish was excellently cooked and tasty with a tangy sauce of chorizo and tomatoes. The veal came with a sharp rhubarb sauce, although this was a new pairing for me, the two went very well and I would recommend it. Puddings were light, and fresh (mango with rice for her, roasted pineapple for me, with other tasty additions). All accompanied by a half bottle of good local white wine.
The service was friendly, prompt and attentive when necessary. All in all I would suggest you have a meal here if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Libellule37
Waalre, Netherlands
“Wonderful food, excellent service as a bonus”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

A wine grower in Ligré that we visit whenever in Chinon, made us aware of La Part des Anges. Although it is in business for about a year now, the restaurant was new to us. What a pleasant surprise: friendly personal service, all excellent food homemade by chef Virginie. A creative enrichment to Chinon's hospitality business, and hopefully a wake-up call to other local establishments that just float on on the basis of past performance.
We had lunch in La Part des Anges on a grey and cold weekday, there weren't that many other guests: the only reason for not giving the maximum score is that we don't know how the owners manage when the restaurant is fully booked. But we are sure they will do their utmost with a smile for their guests.

• Visited June 2013