We stayed here in September 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were all lovely and helpful, especially Valerie who was so cheerful and lively. The hotel is in a central location, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the restaurant downstairs serves delicious food :-) I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the most picturesque road in the heart of Old Chinon and at the foot of the Chinon catsle the Hostellerie Gargantua has taken residence in the former Bailiwicks Palace dating back to the XVth Century which is renowned for having heard the famous plea given by the father of the French author François Rabelais.Situated 1 kilometre from the Chinon train station, and at walking distance from the town center. You may discover the historrical town on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hostellerie Gargantua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Gargantua Chinon, France - Loire Valley
- Hostellerie Gargantua Hotel Chinon