I stayed in the large room "Picrochole" which was pleasant with a good view. The hotel is located in a basically pedestrianised area which is very peaceful. There is no air conditioning or lift but this is usual in Chinon. There is no English language TV which unfortunately is becoming the norm for French hotels. Bath with shower but no curtain or screen. Had a good meal in the hotel's restaurant courtyard. I will be returning here when I next visit Chinon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the most picturesque road in the heart of Old Chinon and at the foot of the Chinon catsle the Hostellerie Gargantua has taken residence in the former Bailiwicks Palace dating back to the XVth Century which is renowned for having heard the famous plea given by the father of the French author François Rabelais.Situated 1 kilometre from the Chinon train station, and at walking distance from the town center. You may discover the historrical town on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Hostellerie Gargantua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Gargantua Chinon, France - Loire Valley
- Hostellerie Gargantua Hotel Chinon