Stayed here for 3 nights in july with our 3 kids and thouroughly enjoyed it. Everything was great. The accommodations were clean, modern, and really well equipped. The mini fridge stocked with soda and water in the rooms is a lovely touch. The bathrooms were luxurious, and the beds extremely comfortable. The curtains supplied "blackout" conditions allowing us (and importantly, the kids) sleep late in the morning. We loved the breakfast every morning. We really felt taken care of. The first night, driving in to the courtyard in the bright sunshine and seeing the tables set for alfresco dining was a special moment! The dinners were great, and the one night that the chef was off, Chinon was only a few miles up the road. Charlotte and Jeremy could not be nicer, and so helpful. Our kids loved the freeedom to roam the grounds, the pool, the trampoline, and of course, the animals. I have nothing bad to say about this place except I wish we had had a week here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France