In Oct. 2011, my wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time. We were glad to return again this Oct. for an overnight bed-dinner-breakfast on our way South from CDG Airport. The journey takes about 3 hours ------ manageable even after a transatlantic flight. In my 2011 report, I praised its old world charm and its modern conveniences as well as the attractive packages it has on offer. I also described the comforts of our room. The one we had on this occasion was even better, being on the ground floor instead of up a flight of steps, and it was distinctly larger with an entry corridor, a separate bathroom and WC, and a cosy area that was almost a study. The breakfast, as on the earlier occasion, was remarkable and easily our best in France once again.The 1-star Michelin restaurant lived up to its reputation, although we preferred our previous meal. However, whereas the previous dinner was priced at 48 euros, this was only one euro more: remarkable in an era during which prices elsewhere in the French restaurant industry have risen at least 10%.
The amuse bouche was not a huge success, but the rest was flawless, with a choice of two for each course. We deliberately differed so that we could taste the lot: STARTERS: 1. Terrine of ox-tail and veal, with lentil salad and a bowl of consomme with vermicelli ( almost a meal in itself). 2. Mushroom cream soup with dried fruit salad and dried beef ( again, really a soup and starter combined). MAINS: 1. Shoulder of veal confite with seasonal vegetables ( a gloriously generous collection). 2. Large shrimp with pureed potatoes and emulsion of wild mushrooms.
DESSERTS: 1. Dacquoise praline with nut-chocolate ice cream. 2. Gratine of pineapple, pomelos and orange, with sorbet. As long as we are able to drive in France, this will continue to be one of our most favoured destinations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre of Loire Valley Hotels, Charming Hotel Luxe with first class rooms ansd accomodations. Gastronomic restaurant. Hotel du Bon Laboureur is located near the castle of Chenonceau in Centre of Loire Valley Chateaux in Chateau country. Easy to visit the Loire Valley castles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Auberge du Bon Laboureur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Du Bon Laboureur Hotel Chenonceaux
- Auberge Du Bon Laboureur Chenonceaux