Wow! It was so much more than what I expected. Honestly, when I looked online, the interior didn’t look too impressive and I debated whether to go, but I’m so glad I did. Here are a few of the things I found:
* The magical walkway to the castle with perfectly manicured trees and gardens all abound was stunning
* The gardens were worth walking through
* The beauty of the castle was more than I thought
* the chateau offers iPod audio guides that are easy to use and interesting. You can choose a 45 min or 80 min version. The rooms were nice but the audio guide really helped.
* a garden maze of hedges —labyrinth
* a 16th century farm that is well maintained
* plenty of walking or biking paths throughout the property
* elegant restaurants or cafe’s, Depending on your preference.
* a wine store
You don’t need a tour guide for this place. The audio guides are great and much easier. Just read up on Catherine Medici, Diane D’ Poitier and King Henry before you go or watch the tv series, Reign, on Netflix, which is a story of their lives.
We went at 9:30 am and I’m so glad we did. This would be a difficult place to tour of it was very busy. It isn’t made for massive crowds. It is beautiful. Early in the morning the crowds were small and the tour busses hadn’t come in.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.