“A tourist trap”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

we thought the brochette d'agneau at 12.50 and half a litre of red at 8 euros sounded ok. Can't go wrong. The waitress was pleasant. However I guess they wanted to shut. The lamb was not pink, it was largely raw. Uneatable, we asked for it to be cooked longer. Ten minutes later it came back little changed from an older unhelpful woman. This is the kind of service which I had hoped had disappeared from France. A disgrace at 35 euros. If I had had guts, I would have left without paying. Avoid. The sad thing is I think I ate here 15 years ago when it was an excellent restaurant called le buisson ardent. Richard bush richard.bush@hotmail.com

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We arrived at 6:30 for an early dinner. We're budget travellers and had soup and an plat (enree). I had the salad baltique (smoked salmon lettuce shrimp and great red tomatoes and a small onion soup. The onion soup was not as good as at other places because they just give you some croutons and cheese to add instead of toasting bread and cheese. My wife had chicken supreme - it was pretty good. The wait staff varied in friendliness and willingness/ability to speak English. You might get the friendly waitress and be very happy with the experience.

Highlight: If you like pistachio, you must try the Ile flotante a la pistache. It is out of this world good!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before going! We ate there after visiting the Cathedrale, my husband, my 11 year old daughter and myself. I am a French woman living in the USA and I really loved our lunch there. My daughter devoured her roblochon potato gratin and ate half of my sausage/pate ! The dining room is nice and the service was excellent and fast. We are now back home and my daughter still speaks about the food she had there! I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a quick lunch at this restaurant. We ordered the 'plat du jour', which was chicken forestière (it came with half a mushroom). The food was not terrible, but nothing to be very happy about. Service on the other hand was very poor, the waiter did not really seem interested in doing his job. (Stuff was placed on our table without saying a word, and we did not get the jug of water we asked for).

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a lighter onion soup than you often find, and I quite enjoyed it. The croutons and cheese were served on the side so you could add them as you chose. My husband and I both had their open face sandwiches on a crusty, country bread. Delicious! This is a popular spot so you'll want to get there early for dinner.