“Interesting sandwiches and great onion soup.”
Review of L'Emmanon - CLOSED

L'Emmanon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Caledon, Canada
“Interesting sandwiches and great onion soup.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a lighter onion soup than you often find, and I quite enjoyed it. The croutons and cheese were served on the side so you could add them as you chose. My husband and I both had their open face sandwiches on a crusty, country bread. Delicious! This is a popular spot so you'll want to get there early for dinner.

Visited September 2012

Washington, D.C.
“Pretty good for lunch”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I had a relatively quick lunch here and thought it was pretty good. Onion soup was very good and green salad extremely fresh. My friend had one of the flat breads which they simply call breads and enjoyed it. Good service and reasonably priced for being in the shadow of the cathedral. Given the other reviews I probably wouldn't try it for dinner but for a lunch on the go it was fine.

Manzanillo, Mexico
“A gem of a cafe serving great salads for lunch!”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

There were 8 of us for lunch and this restaurant did not have two tables together to seat us. The owner asked a young couple if they wouldn't mind moving to a smaller table and offered them dessert on the house. They gladly accepted the offer and we were able to all sit together. This is a very unassuming place with varied menu and excellent and friendly wait staff. They offer a variety of wonderful salads, a house specialty, that were the best we had eaten in 3 weeks. When visiting the Chartres cathedral, stop in for bite!

• Visited October 2011
Izmir, Turkey
“Simply TERRIBLE, avoid at all cost”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I had dinner here with two friends when I was visiting Chartes. Service from hell !! I ordered an onion soup for starter, and steak of tuna as a main dish. I wanted to tell them I wanted tuna steak rare, but they told me they only cook it 'well done'. Then, when they served onion soup, it was cold. I only realised it when I put the bread crusts and cheese in it. My friend also ordered the same thing, and hers was also cold. We sent the soup back. they returned it after 'apparently' they heated in microwave. So the bread and cheese inside integrated to soup. When I told them this, they simply took out the remaining cheese and bread and served me the same bowl of soup. When I complained about it to manager. He dismissed it saying that it was not cold in the first place. So I was wrong, so as my friend whose soup was not cold to her. No apology, no sympathy. Incredible. They also conviniently refused speaking English, although we were making a great effort trying to speak French. I did not want to cause a big theatre on front of my guests. So I did not leave the restaurant, and waited for my main dish. It was overcooked, tasted like a rubber, and I had to chew it for minutes before I could swallow. In one word: TERRIBLE. I will write also a complaint letter to the tourist board of Chartes, as I believe their attitude was incredible. And the food is so bad that it is not worth the attitude !!! Avoid it, in my opinion.

4 Thank Bahadir