“Unique dishes, classic french”
Review of Les Feuillantines

Les Feuillantines
Ranked #8 of 203 Restaurants in Chartres
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent service in small french restaurant with imaginative and nicely created dishes. We had Seche and Gambas in black ink on a bed of tiny pasta balls with a green pea puree - light and very tasty.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We got excellent food and service. All of this was nice at a very reasonably price. Try to sit outside in the plaza, a nice way to spend an evening.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We wanted to see the lights of Chartres, which starts at sunset (approx 9.45 pm). So we booked a table at Les Feuillantines for 7.30 pm. It worked out perfectly. As the evening was warm we elected to sit outside. We were immediately attended to. We started with an aperitif to which we received a delicious shooter which had peas on it, a bit different. The menu choice was between a 3 course meal or 4 course. If you choose the 3 course you can select your starter and main course from a list of about 6 choices. Likewise the dessert. If you go for the chef's special you get 4 courses of his choice. We went for the 4 course: a mixed starter platter each, followed by fish, then meat, then dessert. We chose a crisp sancerre wine, which was very reasonably priced. The starter contained 4 elements: pate fois gras, and others. really delicious. One was a piece of popcorn on something else which was a bit strange. The fish was cod, hot and utterly delicious. Not what I would have ordered myself, but that why one let's the chef decide. The main course was chicken. Also incredibly well cooked and tasty. Again, I rarely choose chicken because my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I always avoid my doctor's advice, but once again I was pleased with the chef's choice. The dessert was againa plate of 4 (see pic). Wonderfully delicious with another surprise: avocado is the green bit. Dessert? I put it, the popcorn and peas down to artistic licence and the willingness to take risks to challenge the taste buds. Throughout the evening the service was impeccable: always immediately at your elbow when needed, but never imposing, the food was really hot when it arrived (I love that as it means they brought it straightaway and timed the courses perfectly), the drinks were poured elegantly and kept topped up, and the atmosphere sitting in the plant filled rear patio area, so delightfully decorated, was exquisite. It was an all round incredible evening. Very highly recommend reserving ahead of time as all the restaurants around were half empty and Les Feuillantines was booked out.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

How lovely. We booked this based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We got there right at 7 and were the first there as we were attending the easter vigil service at the cathedral at nine. The wonderful pacing and multiple courses meant we had to rush a bit at the end and I am sure if I had alerted them to our need they would have accommodated us. It was OUR error, not theirs, and I could have sat and enjoyed an expresso for sure at the end. In any event, we had the chefs tasting menu and it was the best value meal we had in France. Many courses, including an appetizer course that actually had three different things to try. Such great food at every step. Interesting, tasty, complex, and just fun. I had a cheese course that was great as well. We got two half bottles of wine that were reasonably priced. Service was just great. Not sure how this place can only be #3 in Chartre as it was just about perfect and the value was out of this world. Total bill with the wine was only around 100 euro.

1  Thank ScottyP1952
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Best meal in France (including Paris)

Lunch was a feast for the eyes and taste. All courses were interesting a delicious and the recommended wines by the glass excellent. Service was helpful and considering my french skills are lacking this made the experience all the better. Price very reasonable and on a par with many offering just the standard fare.

1  Thank Peter S