“Fantastic value pizza”

La Voute Romane
Ranked #123 of 194 Restaurants in Chartres
Cuisines: Italian, European, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value pizza”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We visited this restaurant before we went to see the son et lumiere in Chatre. This place is overlooked by the cathedral so is in a prime spot.We were expecting to pay over the odds for such a great location-especially as you could also sit outside.The pizzas were all really reasonable ie
9-11 euros +were freshly made to order. My mediterranean one was very tasty!
We chose the assortment of puds for 5 euros -4 lovely mini ones-a creme brulee,raspberry pannacotte, choc mousse +a macaroon-yum yum.
The house wine was decent + reasonably priced- think it was 16 euros a bottle.
There were only 2 staff waiting on but they did a great job serving us all quickly,efficiently + with a smile. We ended up paying under 50 euros for pizzas, puds +a bottle of plonk-whilst sat overlooking one of the most beautiful cathedrals I have ever seen.. five stars definitely

• Visited August 2013

Caversham, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant, sat outside with a fabulous view of the cathedral”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant is perfectly placed, on the square overlooking the Chartres Cathedral. Lovely evening so we sat outside. Good value for money. I had the Vegetable Risotto which I have to say was fantastic and matched anything I have eaten in Spain. The service was also excellent. Would definitely go again!

• Visited August 2013
Stockport
“Great view, lovely food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were browsing for somewhere to eat and came across this place - we found the staff to be charming and helpful, not as represented in other reviews. The food was very good - we had the soup de jour (veg) and the vegetable risotto, excellent. I had the tarte tatin for dessert and it was one of the best I have ever had.
As we paid the bill, the owner gave us a free grappa and said that he would have loved to join us for one but the restaurant was too busy (it was).
An excellent place, highly recommended and not just for pizza!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sooz0702
Chartres, France
“Friendly staff and good pizzas”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a place I visit about three or four times a year with colleagues or friends or on my own, and I am never disappointed... They mainly make their pizzas from fresh, local ingredients, and also offer a range of local beverages (along with a pretty decent wine list). There is only one vegetarian pizza on the list, but it's a good one. I also recommend their "café gourmand" - you get three mini-desserts along with your coffee, and that's just the perfect ending to your meal.
The staff is very friendly but not in a disruptive way, there is plenty of room between the tables and usually a quiet atmosphere. The prices are very reasonable considering it's so close to the Cathedral and they could easily charge 5 momre euros to unsuspecting tourists.

• Visited February 2013
Swindon
“Lovely restaurant, but stick to the pizza!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've been here once before and have to say that it's been the atmosphere that made us come back again rather than the food. It's been busy on both occassions and on a Saturday in peak season it's best to book. It doesn't feel touristy despite being a stone's throw from the cathedral and the service is very friendly and efficiant. My husband's pizza looked scrummy but my vegetarian pasta was just alright. The vegetables were very fresh, but surprisingly not cooked. A bit like a bowl of pasta with salad! This wouldn't stop me from eating there again. I'll just make sure that I eat pizza next time!

• Visited August 2012