“Good Hotel Near Station in Blois”

Best Western Blois Chateau
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Blois
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Good modern hotel very convenient for the station. It's a struggle to find fault with it. The rooms were clean, modern, with all the facilities you would expect. Breakfast was pretty much what you would expect from a French hotel, croissant/bread & boiled eggs etc. I would definitely stay there agian if I was in Blois, it makes a great base for exploring.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WilliamRose2000

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed for one night as part of our six night tour of the Loire. This hotel was easy to find by the station and very quiet - the rooms were excellent, well equipped and clearly recently decorated and modernised. The receptionist was very helpful and she had a gorgeous puppy! The breakfast was first class and the whole stay very enjoyable. It is only about five minutes from the Chateau and the other sites of Blois. We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel is very well located, face to the railway station. Town center is 15-20 minutes walking. Hotel is clean and very recently renovated with a gloomy design style. Materials adopted are not excellent so that a simpler design with better materials would probably give a better result. Room sizes are the main problem: 60 cm per each bed side, so that becomes difficult to get around. Bathroom is larger enough, but WC is quite small. Chosen colours (black, red and grey) are not relaxing and they contribute to the claustrophobic feeling. Rooms are well sound isolated.

Room Tip: Ask for a "large", double room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Franchino_110901
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at the BW Blois Chateau as a base for touring the north of the Loire Valley. It is positioned just outside the main town which results in a much quieter stay. Although the hotel is opposite the train station and in a student area, there was very little noise. Parking is on the street around the hotel, but this is secure enough and only costs 3 euro per day. There are a number of restaurants nearby which the staff are happy to help with. One recommendation I would make is to avoid the costly breakfast at the hotel and to walk next door to the salon de the where we both ate a very nice breakfast for less than the cost of one breakfast at the hotel. It also meant that we could buy a picnic lunch for days when we were touring.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife, son and I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel and we were pretty disappointed. We booked a room for 3 and got rm 2 in the basement. Because the elevator was broken for 3 days, to get to our room (with our luggage) we had to climb the stairs to first floor, walk down the hall and go back down the stairs. There was a side entrance from the street to the hall with our room with a combination key pad but the staff said they couldn't give us the combination because it always changes. Instead of providing those little bars of soap, the room has liquid soap dispensers in the bathroom and shower. The dispenser for our bathroom sink was empty. I asked for a refill at the front desk and from two different maids but it didn't happen for 3 days. Finally I went back to the front desk and a different person gave me a container of liquid soap that was almost empty which I brought down to our room. When the maid came in she put the nearly empty container back in the dispenser instead of refilling it. Although the rooms were supposed to be non-smoking, people in the room across the hall were propping the hall door open with a rug and smoking in their room. This made the hall smell like an ash tray. I mentioned it to the people at the front desk twice but it appears they never did anything about it because the smoking continued. One day while climbing a hill I fell and hurt my knee. When I came back to the hotel that evening I asked for some ice I put on my knee and learned that there were no ice machines. Worst of all for my teenaged son was the fact that while there was supposed to be wifi, it did not reach our room in the basement. On the positive side the beds were comfy and the location is good. Directly across the street from the train station and close to the chateau.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank D A
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Hotel is front of train station and 15 minutes walking from old town.And from old town to train station is uphill.For me,it was a good location.Staff is helpful, they hepl to find a bus to Chambord castle, what was difficult at november, low season.Rooms enough confortable, enorgh size, nothing special.I did´n´t try breakfast.I could say that is a enough hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank FRANCISCO7
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We picked this hotel because we wanted somewhere to stay overnight in walking distance of the Chateau and the old town. It is opposite the station so would be good for rail travellers but we were travelling by car and the hotel has no car park. We parked in a nearby side street for a few euros (free between 18.30 and 9 the next morning). The decor of the hotel is modern - mainly dark grey, red and white. We got a good deal on a standard room by booking on the hotel's website but were surprised that the first room we were given had no door between the bedroom and the loo! Luckily there were plenty of spare rooms at the time so we changed to one with a bit more privacy. Presumably the small size of the rooms and the location on the top (second) floor was because we opted for the cheaper room. There wasn't a hotel restuarant as such, but an Asian-themed brasserie at the front of the hotel. We didn't try it, preferring to eat something French elsewhere. We didn't take breakfast either as it was 13 euro each, preferrring to opt for fresh croissants and coffee from the bakery next door. It was all a bit lacking in character but the bed was comfy and the shower great. And there was free wifi. It wasn't at all French in ambiance but it was nice to have tea and coffee provided in the room - something we haven't experienced in many French hotels. And I preferred the hotels soft pillows and light duvet to the rock-hard bolsters and itchy blankets that sometimes come with more characterful hotels in France.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple