“Excellent classic french cooking & service”

Au Rendez-vous des Pecheurs
Ranked #22 of 175 Restaurants in Blois
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Ate here twice during our recent stay in Blois. Excellent both times. The first time my wife and I both has the 37 Euro Prix Fixe menu. Wonderful foie gras based amuse bouche to start followed by a carrot flan appetizer (name does not do it justice) which was divine. The main course was a poached (sous vide) salmon with a milles-feulle of thinly sliced potatoes. On a whim, the chef topped it with a medallion of seared fresh foie gras. Everything was to die for. Dessert included a tiny serving of the richest rice pudding we had ever tasted followed by strawberries with meringue. Amazing. Our second meal was my birthday. My wife repeated the 37 Euro dinner while I tried the 59 Euro menu. Another great amuse bouche. My starter was mi-cuit duck foie gras which was accompanied by what they described as a brownie (it was more like a bitter sweet truffle-like spring-roll) and a roll of baked apple slices. Incredible. My main was magret duck accompanied by a mushroom dish. It was excellent. Again rich desserts followed. Service was friendly and unobtrusive. We will definitely return. Definitely a place for foodies. That said, they also offer a 23 Euro 2-plate menu. It is posted in the window and on their website. But it is not included in the menu they bring to the table. We saw others having it and it looked great. A lost-cost option to sample a great restaurant. Or to get in and out a little more quickly than the multi-course options.

There are newer reviews for Au Rendez-vous des Pecheurs

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The menu of the day is just perfect! A great place and not to expensive! The best place in Blois, not just because of the food but the service is also great!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

IT is a nice French bistro restaurant with gastro food. A lot of dishes atound fish but not only, rabbit,bloodsausage, every classical French dishes are well done BUT it is overpriced .I lived in New York, and Paris..even there it would be 20% cheaper.

1  Thank PETRAKIS75
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at this unpretentious restaurant in July 2013. It deserves its Michelin star. The restaurant is small, charming and welcoming. I had the local stuffed Pike. Good atmosphere. Expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked this restaurant for dinner after being recommended by our chateau concierge. Of course, knowing that this is a one star Michelin restaurant, we set high expectations for it. What dissapointment! We understand that a Michelin starred restaurant has to deliver some creativity but in this case, they result of their creativity is really debatable...

Also, the place itself does not look up to its standards. It has two small cramped rooms, and the atmosphere is nothing more than an average brasserie.

Prices are where a Michellin star restaurant should be, but food and atmosphere are not there ...

And the positives as well: the wine was very good, but probably here I should thank the winemaker!

So, I would not return!