We wanted to cycle the Loire but made Blois our base from which we visited the Chateaux which dot the countryside. Blois made an ideal location as a "base" though I can see the merits of moving around to different towns.
Nevertheless, we settled on Le Clos Pasquier for just under 5 days looking for some relaxing accommodation that was more typically French and were well rewarded. The plus points:
1. The accommodation has been beautifully and tastefully refurbished
2. Its spotless whilst not losing that charming element/atmosphere
3. The breakfasts were fantastic with something new each day (lovely change to normal B&Bs)
4. Claire et Laurent went well beyond being the normal hosts and were genuinely interested in making our stay enjoyable (and complete) with no end to recommendations, suggestion and helping to organise visits or even our re-routed train journey.
Ultimately, it was the accommodation, breakfasts and the warm hospitality that convinced us of a 5-star rating. If I pass through Blois / Loire Valley again I will be sure to use Le Clos Pasquier as my accommodation (and I travel weekly so I know about hotels and accommodation).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the edge of the forest of the royal town of Blois, Le Clos Pasquier, a 16th century manor house warm and cozy, seduce lovers of old beams and terracotta. You can relax in the large living room or discover the remarkable wealth of the Loire Valley. Two rooms invite you to undeniably cocooning. Two spacious suites with separate access and lounge will bring you calm and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Le Clos Pasquier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.