“pearl in town”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very tastfull designed restaurant , smaal back garden and front terrace. Excellent and creative cooking and wine. Friendly and enthousiastic but profesional service. l

3  Thank kees1310

Reviewed August 25, 2012

On the Rue du Pont in the historic ville of Beaugency. We visited with our bike tour group and had an outstanding meal. Brush up on your French because our waitress did not speak English, but the proprietress did and we got by. The motif is rustic with two dining rooms. I had one of their steaks and it was delicious, the best I've had. If you pass through Beaugency be sure to visit this excellent restaurant.

1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

On drive through France over-night stop in local hotel and had dinner here
I had the 4 course menu and couldn't fault it, good modern french cooking, the excellent service was provided by the chief's wife who spoke enough english to explain the menu (my french is very poor)
Good wine list and excellent cheese board
Good value for the meal
Nicely spaced tables with a small terrace in back

2  Thank Megadg
Reviewed July 21, 2012

As this restaurant was rated #1 by TA we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed: the food was more than delicious, the young owners enthousiastic and knowledgeable and the price (compared to others parts of Europe) very reasonable. We loved the fact that the space between tables actually allowed us some privacy, the staff (the couple and mother) was very friendly and that they helped us pick the best options considering my pregnancy. I unfortunately had to skip the cheese trolley but am seriously considering coming back for that. Overall, the whole setting made for a perfect French evening out in a lovely town and even made up for the constant raining that day.

1  Thank Mar-2011-E
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a great little restaurant in a small Loire town which was the perfect stopover between Calais and our destination near Cahors. Its new owners, an enthusiastic young French couple, had only been there for about six weeks when we visited but the place was fairly busy on a rainy Friday evening. Our meal was really good, proper French cooking at a fair price. I had thick slices of marinaded smoked salmon to start and my wife chose deep-fried, batter-coated balls of local St Maure cheese with slices of belly pork. Both were beautifully cooked and presented, as were our main courses of John Dory with tapenade and fresh peas and monkfish with pasta. Pudding was a course too far for me, but my wife had a chocolate mousse she thought one of the best. The bill was around 120 euros with a good 35 euro bottle of Pouilly Fume, a glass of champagne and a gin and tonic (my only gripe this, it was charged at 14 euros, five more than the coupe de Champagne!) The owners speak excellent English, but were willing to play along with my somewhat idiosyncratic French. And madame even warned me that the phrase I used to say I was too full to eat any more actually meant in French that I was pissed! We will definitely return, only this time I'll avoid a G&T aperitif!

2  Thank Ronshirt