See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2018

This place is located just outside the town. The parking lot is huge, and the convenience of being close to town without worrying where to put your car is nice. Everything was clean. Breakfast was good. Just a nice place!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie W
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We stayed here two nights in September at the end of a two week trip to France. All the other hotels we had stayed at on this trip we found in a book about traveling to France, and they were as advertised, so I didn't quite know what to expect at Domaine. Yes, the decor is a bit different, but every hotel we stayed in had odd wallpaper and decor. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and big, and the bathroom was great. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but certainly good. A previous reviewer complained that they had canned fruit. Yes, they offered canned fruit, but they must have their reasons, and I just didn't eat any. The other offerings were quite good - fresh bread and croissants, yogurt, meats, and cheeses - a pretty typical French breakfast since that's what every other place had! My only complaint was our upstairs neighbors who got up very early and we could hear every step they took! I'd ask for a second floor room to prevent this situation. I also loved Amboise!

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed August 3, 2017

I do not recommend this hotel because, due to an unforeseen event, I requested cancellation of my reservation (Via Booking.com), where the hotel charged the full amount, even informing me of my inability to leave Paris due to documentation at the consulate . The hotel did not even come to communicate with me, reserving to communicate exclusively with Booking.com. This in turn informs that nothing can do, since it only mediates the negotiation between the client and the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank marcelol616
Reviewed July 17, 2017

The Domaine de l'Arbelle is set in the wooded hills above Amboise in a delightful spot but that's where the delight ends, we booked a "comfort room" and had to ask for a change or upgrade straight away, small, badly decorated slightly smelly ground floor room, changed to a duplex, slightly better but more of what I would expect from a youth hostel rather than a hotel, everything was in poor/aged state of maintenance and had no feel of any quality. There were no beverage facilities in the room or in the hotel except for at breakfast, there is no restaurant, despite the photos showing food being served. The staff were friendly and breakfast, which was a continental buffet was okay, apart from the tinned fruit salad. For the price paid I would have looked elsewhere and would not recommend.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank agb-alice
Reviewed October 29, 2016

We received a very warm welcome when we arrived at Domaine de l'Arbrelle. The room was spacious and bed was comfortable. Our room on the second floor had a little terrace with table and chairs. Breakfast included meats and cheese, besides the usual breads. Our hosts were very attentive and helpful with advice on the area. Although just a few minutes drive from the city of Amboise, the hotel was situated in a wooded, rural area, away from the noise and congestion of a town. The only downside was the surroundings could have used a little more maintenance, that is just a superficial issue and did not impact our visit in the least

Date of stay: October 2016