All reviews free parking loire valley nice hotel the hotel offers main town minute walk into town night stay easy access shower head the air conditioning two nights small room second floor bread france backyard chenonceau
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very easy to find but is some way away from the medieval centre of the city. That brings benefits including free parking and easy journeys out of the town, but it does mean that there are no local restaurants (at least none I could find) within easy reach. I ate in the restaurant on two nights and the food was good and very reasonably priced. I found it a bit eccentric to order dinner from the front desk and then return 20 minutes later but no problem.
I was however irritated that the restaurant closed one evening for a public holiday (All Saints) with no warning. Breakfast was very good with wonderful croissants.
My room was small and I would have liked an easy chair, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was fine. I loved the shower head that changed from green to red as the water warmed up!
Another review was charmed by the request not to use the lift after 11pm; that is not an appropriate suggestion if staying on the second floor and one which I would have therefore ignored had I wished to ascend after that time; however if you have a noisy lift (it wasn’t noticeably) then invest in a quieter one!
Altogether a pleasant place to stay with only one or two quibbles.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2018

We spent a couple nights here. Laura, at the desk, did a great job for us. She gave good recommendations for everything we asked. She also helped us arrange for our next stay. The breakfast was not included and rather expensive. The air conditioning was turned off for the year, so the room was pretty warm.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The hotel is an good option for business trip. Good breakfast and tasty dinner. One problem that i saw is the Access Card: if you loose one access card and ask for other one, the system(from reception) is not canceling the first card.

Room tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel( parking side) are quieter.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2018

I booked 2 rooms in this hotel for a one night stop-over on our journey south. Both rooms were spotless as were the bathrooms. My elderly mother appreciated the walk in shower as it was all on one level, and a handle on the wall close to the toilet. We appreciated having our evening meal in the hotel (available weekday nights) served with wine, it was all excellent. Breakfast the next morning was good, coffee from a machine was acceptable. The beds were comfortable. It was too far for us to walk into town but the next morning we drove into Amboise, in order to look around parking was straightforward. We found the staff helpful and the hotel offers a calm and pleasant place to stay, on the edge of a pretty town.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I will first say that this is a very nice clean and comfortable well located hotel and by all means stay and enjoy. It is run more like a guest room in someone’s home. Breakfast is not included, and they require a head count. It is the same breakfast buffet served everywhere we stayed in France. They don’t really have a cafe but you MUST let them know in advance if you wish them to prepare a limited (pizza or lasagne ) menu. The parking gate closes at 11pm. the lift does as well ( for sound sake which is quite welcome) The small cups are “only for espresso”. The door to the backyard is only open at certain times in the late after noon and evening. There are cushions for the lawn furniture but not all of them are put out. Perhaps you need to ask.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Leonard V, Réceptionniste at Best Western Le Vinci Loire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear Jeff,

We thank you very much for your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you here !

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay but I would like to clarify a few things that were maybe not explained well during your stay :

First of all, we require a head count for breakfast because we need to call the bakery each night for the bread order. Because of that, it is better for us to know in advance how many guests will have breakfast in the morning. Of course we also understand when our guests aren't sure in the evening about breakfast, and we always welcome last minute changes :)

We do have a restaurant which is open from Monday to Tursday. Pizza and Lasagna are "extras", which can also be served over the week-ends, when the restaurant itself is closed.

The parking gate closes at 11pm but as explained, you can open it with your card.

The lift never closes; we only ask people who can, to use the stairs after 11pm, in order to make it more comfortable for everyone.

Concerning the door to the backyard and terrace, it's normally open all day but it is true that during the time you were there, we had a very changing weather with rain and sometimes storms, so it has happened that this door has remained closed and the pillows not out as well.

As for the amenities, you can always ask reception if you need something extra that we didn't think about while we prepared your room.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here and hope that you had a safe trip back home!

We will be happy to see you here another time.

Laura / Réception