Logis La Breche
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Chateau de Perreux - Amboise(Nazelles-Negron)
$272
Bellevue(Amboise)
$109
$100
Orbitz.com
L'Auberge de la Ramberge(Poce-sur-Cisse)
$42
$39
Le Choiseul(Amboise)
$237
$208
$161
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsminute walknear the train stationlooked wonderfulgreat start to our holidaystayed here for nightsstar hotelboth morningsroom was clean and comfortablesingle bedfood and winelovely gardendefinitely stay here againtwo night stayair conditioninglarge bathroomperfect hotelparking area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed on night in a week of cycling along the Loire a Velo route. The least enjoyable part was trying to find the hotel and navigating through Amboise traffic on bikes. But it was worth it for the friendly welcome from the proprietor. Our room was comfortable and overlooked the garden. The bathroom was large, but unfortunately the shower had no wall bracket and the screen was not watertight so the longed for shower after a long hot bike ride was actually a shallow bath and less satisfactory. We ate a very good meal in the garden though, which made up for that part. The bikes were safely stored and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed here on our way south from Champagne to Bordeaux, spending two nights at La Breche.
Our reception was warm; the area quiet; an attractive garden, with tables for eating out/drinks added to the ambience of the hotel.
Room (a double) was extremely small but adequate for a two night stay during which the intention was not to spend too much time in it. Steep staircase and no lift might deter some visitors.
The dinner menu looked attractive, though we chose to eat in town, a ten minute stroll across the river. Breakfast was a typical French "continental" and perfectly satisfactory.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I made Amboise my base for a visit to Loire valley and stayed at Logis La Breche. My room was on the second floor with outlook over the courtyard and was spacious and comfortable. This place is situated north of the bridge and parking is available in the nearby streets. It's not the nicest part of Amboise but an easy walk to the river and the castle and being near the rail line, you hear the occasional train but it wasn't an issue, even with the windows open on warm nights.

The exterior no longer looks like the photos on the website and the whole place needs a bit of maintenance ( my shower did not have a bracket to hold it so I had to!) but has a 'shabby chic' ambience which was fine for me and everything was clean. Breakfasts were plentiful and in the evening meals were served in the garden courtyard. I ate there twice and had lovely meals both nights.

The owners were lovely and friendly and there was plenty of information about local attractions available. Internet was available though faster in the lobby than in my second floor room. Great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed two nights in July 2011. The town is a good base for visiting the chateaus of the Loire Valley. We had a triple room which provided a double and single bed. Good sized room and comfortable bedding. Price was very reasonable. Attractive property.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant our first night and the food was excellent. Also had breakfast both mornings excellent selection for the 7 euro price. The owners are both very personable, accomodating with English speaking clients as far as I could tell, I speak French. I would strongly recommend this hotel for visiting the Loire.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Loved the location, quiet and calm. The walk across the bridge gave a wonderful view of the city. The rooms were clean and lovely and the breakfast was worth the 7 euros.. The outside area where you can sit and eat was very calming after a long day of traveling. I would stay here again the next time I'm in Amboise.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends