We were driving with our two small dogs from the ferry terminal at Cherbourg to St Tropez area and needed a first night stop. We found Amboise to be very well situated on our route and chose the Manoir St Thomas as it welcomed dogs.
The hotel has been created from a beautiful 12th Century abbey - still full of character and period detail. Close to the chateau, the old town and main routes out of the town.
We found standards to be extremely high in all respects - comfort, cleanliness and the most delicious breakfast in a charming breakfast room. Several commentators have criticised the lack of a restaurant but many in close walking distance I didn't see that as a problem. Do be aware that many close on Monday!! So do what we didn't do - book dinner in advance.
The lady who carried out check out for us couldn't possibly have been more warm and charming and we have every intention of returning to the Manoir St T at the next convenient opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise