The property is situated just below the castle, with ample parking (public or private). Short, pleasant walk to city center and Di Vinci's house.
We stayed in the standard room and were pleasantly surprised. Generous space--almost like a 1bdrm w a den. The bathroom was an absolute delight-- probably the largest most comfortable shower I've had in the 3+ yrs I've been living and traveling in Europe (including 5star stays). The bath's wooden accents gave it a modern feel, but still very tasteful and in keeping with the traditional feel of the hotel.
Common space (library, garden, pool) were tidy and peaceful. Only 10 or so guest rooms, so plenty of space for everyone. Other than coming and going, we really didn't see (or hear) anyone... felt as if we had the property to ourselves.
If you're doing a driving tour from burgundy to Bordeaux with a Loire stop, you really should consider ambroise and if you do go, look no farther... perfect hotel! Peaceful and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise