“Divine food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, great food, great hospitality, great food, excellent desserts.
See pix for yourself.

Just near the castle, full of atmosphere, decent prices.
My mouth watering now....

Be aware that we ate there in 2009, and i do hope

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed dinner at L’Epicerie. I visited in September with my husband and mother-in-law. Menu selection was diverse enough to satisfy most diners and the food was solid. No complaints from any of us. Servers were attentive. What I really enjoyed was the fact that the restaurant graciously welcomed all kinds of diners including families with children, couples, large groups, and people with small dogs. Even though the dining room was small and the tables were relatively close together, we didn’t feel cramped and the noise level never got out of hand. I actually loved the intimacy of the dining room. I would recommend L’Epicerie based on the quality of the food, reasonable pricing, friendly service, ambiance, and the delicious cheese course!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

L'Epicerie was recommended by our hotel and we were not disappointed. In fact we went back the next night. Excellent classical French menu at a very fair price. Could have chosen almost everything on the menu. Location is right on main square adjacent to the chateau.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Visited here with friends for the Touraine Primeur festival in Amboise. What a lovely town and restaurant!

Can honestly say I could have chosen EVERY single choice from ALL of the three set menus! Not a piece of chicken in sight, hallelujah! Even the children's menu looked a treat! If you don't believe me look at the Website.

Excellent house wine served in pitchers (at a reasonable price) sourced from M. Plou et Fils in Charge nearby (one of our regular visits for cases of wine)!

Lovely food, amazing ambience and excellent service and attention!

We'll be back for Primeur 2013, if not before!

Don't take my word for it, try it and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Beautiful food! Classic French: fish soup, steak and lamb, tarte aux pommes, to mention but a few of the things my party ate. Great local wine.