“Location location”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Loved the food, great location....a bit difficult to communicate as no English and my French not that great

1  Thank Grant M

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had just arrived in Vezelay, and after checking in to the hotel next door, we were desperate for lunch. We had a wonderful meal here: beautiful food, prepared and served with style. All four of our party were delighted with everything we ordered.

1  Thank ExileinPhilly
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Upon the advise of others we booked ahead for lunch but on the day of our visit it was clear they were not needed. The threat of rain and some cool temps pushed us to a table inside although the attraction of patio seating under other circumstances was clear. My lunch started with my very first jambon persille, which had a bit too much gelatin in relation to jambon for my tastes. My wife salad was fresh and sizable. The mains were delcious and artfully presented and dessert was over the top both in quality and in presentation. With a reasonably priced menu and a wine list that had several nice and well priced choices, I would gladly return. The service was perfectly fine, essentially unremarkable in a positive or negative way, which in a way is nice since it allowed me to focus on the lunch with my wife.

1  Thank PatrickPringle
Reviewed May 6, 2013

food was great, it was too cold to eat outside, but there is a terrace for the warmer weather... the menu is varied and enticing, the service is just fine and it was next door to my hotel... so convenient and tasty

2  Thank drkiracofe
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We ate here on the recommendation of the owner of the B&B we stayed at - and it is very nice. We were advised to book if we wanted to be assured of a seat on the terrace, which we were able to do on the day and just a couple of hours before we wanted to eat. It was just as well we did as the terrace did get full very quickly.

We found the a la carte menu was quite expensive, but since we didn't want a full three courses we opted for just a main course from the a la carte menu. The amuse bouche was very nice and the main courses were also very good.

This is a nice restaurant, but I wouldn't rave about it. The service is fine, food is tasty and the location is good. Worth a visit.

1  Thank KTnSue