“One of the best meals I had in France.”
Review of L'Emile Brochettes

L'Emile Brochettes
Ranked #32 of 605 Restaurants in Dijon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant is located in the atmospheric Place Emile Zola with shady trees, a small fountain and many cafes bordering the square, all with outdoor seating. We sat outside and enjoyed one of the best meals we had on our trip with included Paris and several towns in Burgundy. I had a chicken dish with a wonderfully light creamy mustard sauce. My husband had a beef dish with similar sauce and equally as good.

There are newer reviews for L'Emile Brochettes

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was recomended by various sources. I fouind it a bit dissapointing as my expectations were high. Relatively ordinary food although priced appropriately. There are better places even on this square.

1  Thank asorrell
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Easy going, nice restaurant downtown Dijon. Even so their specialty is brochette, they do have other dishes. The value for money is good and the service is quick and friendly.

The decoration and the organization of the tables create a comfortable stone cave/cozy atmosphere. Against most other restaurants in the area, they did not close the terrace with plastic shades and parasols (making it a smokers only area). This is a very good decision.

We went there for lunch on a Monday. It seems to me that a significant amount of guests were regulars working in the neighborhood ; another good sign.

Only critic is the bathroom. I have seen worse. Not a KO criteria but there is room of improvement.

1  Thank Cibal
Reviewed September 4, 2011

we stopped at this restaurant during a trip on Dijon. it was a nice evening, everyone was on the "place" to eat and the restaurant was very crowded ( i think we had the last free table) but we received a very quick and kind service from a young waitress ( she was so kind to go and search our children on the place for the dinner!) I had the vegetarian dish, very tasteful and served with rich sauces, and my husband a pork brochette very big, soft and well cooked. for the children we chose two child menu' that were rich, good, fresh ( not the usual fried chicken with potatoes) and included salad, healty drinks and a nice ice-cream surprise with a little game as present ( they were delighted)...the prices were absolutely reasonable and the brochette-dessert really super! strongly recommende for a pleasant evening outside!

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Wonderful variety of Brochettes; so much fun with a group of people if every loves grilled meats and veggies. Sitting outside on Place Emile Zola is always wonderful in the evenings. Would highly recommend!